Help Identifying Tokai

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danish

Reaction score
I have a tokai love rock made in korea but i would like to know what model it is. The serial number is 050700 and it has a made in korea sticker under it.

Thanks

:( If anyone has any idea what model it is I'd really appreciate it. If you need any other info about the guitar or pictures or something I'd be glad to provide them. The only thing i could figure out from the serial number is that it was made in 2005.

looks like an ls70f
you could take the neck pickup out and sometimes there is a number in the cavity that will give you the model.
it will have a mahoany body, maple cap and a veneer flame top if its an ls70, pickups should be tokais mark 11, if you bought this new, if it was previously owned then the pickups could possibly have been changed. only way to tell is to take them out and have a look

Considering your guitar is Korean made, the model is ALS-48. Here's the description of it from the Tokai catalogue. If you bought it in Canada the back is mahogany, if not it should be the same as the catalogue. The one in the picture is for the Japanese market which is why the headstock has that shape. Yours was probably bought in Europe or Canada which is why it has the dimple headstock.
ALS-48.jpg

sorry gave you wrong info. i never read the 1st post about being mik
though must say i have never seen a made in korea loverock with serial number like that in uk. plenty mik ones here on display in local shops none with number like that

Yes i bought this guitar in Canada, its price was $550 but i believe it was on sale. I checked under the neck pickup but there was no serial or model number. Thanks for your help, and if anyone knows what model this could be i would really like to know, right now im leaning towards it being an ALS-48. Are these models considered good?

Edit: okay im quite certain now that it is an nals-48 like the one on this site http://www.jsdguitarshack.com/Tokai_Love_Rock_CS.html. it has the same type of serial number, pickups/binding and none of the others match. Also the price is the same.[/url]

Danish said:
right now im leaning towards it being an ALS-48. Are these models considered good?

You are correct, its a NALS-48. Since you have the product in your hands you be the judge, who cares what anyone else thinks as long as you consider it to be "good".

What does it play like? Any issues with the nut? Are the tuners lined up nice? Sometimes the MIK tuners aren't placed real carefully.

That said, I have a MIK Tokai. It's not the nicest guitar in my collection, but I do enjoy it alot. Nothing cheap feeling about it.

Latest posts

Back