• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Orville by Gibson Les Paul

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think there is a dealer in the usa check out guitargui.com also check ebay and do a search under seller for guitargui.Hope this helps,Mr.Dist.

Hey Mark,

Are you still in the market for an Orville? I just came across a gold mine. I little store i drive past every day here in Japan and i finally went in a few days ago. This place was the size of a 1 car garage (tiny) and had about 300 guitars stacked in it.

Anyways, i ask what the lady has for about $100, something in an LP copy. She pulls out some real trash but after about the 5th guitar, pulls out this Orville LP Custom in Ebony. Had cobwebs and dust all over it. All the gold hardware was corroded and one of the knobs was missing. I looked it over good, keep shaking my head like its bad, and finally offered $50 (?6500).

She threw in an old Burny hardshell case too!

I got myself a beautiful guitar. Cleaned it up with my Dunlop 65 cleaner kit, gave her a setup, new strings, and she was purring like a kitten. Only thing wrong was i had to pay ?400 for a new knob (like $3) and the gold hardware could stand to be replaced.

I just ordered all new hardware for $100 and when that comes, i got myself a keeper for life!

You cant believe the quality on this. Amazing! This gives my LS-200 a run for it's money!

I'm going back in a few weeks with the goal of finding another Orville.

Dana

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dana on 2002-07-06 12:19 ]</font>

Sounds like a sweet deal on the black LP. I'm gonna start another thread on guitars from Japan and what the market is like there. I have a strong interest in importing a LS200 from Universe to the States, and wondered what the real story is on bringing one in from overseas.

Latest posts

Back