OK I'M GOING FOR IT, GIVE ME ADVICE ON FINDING A LS320...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigmike

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm in America and I want the best of the best. I'll save my money and be happy to plunk it down for a really no holds barred, top of the line Tokai LS320 with all the right guts and a really gorgeous FLAMED maple solid top. I mean really a humm dinger...

So please kind souls... Your advice on who to deal with to get it ordered. Or do you know any person willing to sell one or a merchant who stocks them OR will special order for me...

Finder fees for those who really help. Did I tell you I am a serious music collector AND baker ??? Care packages gladly sent across oceans to those who do help... My triple chocolate brownies will make you cry they are soooooooo good.

BigMike

[email protected]

P1150009.jpg

bigmike said:
I'm in America and I want the best of the best.
LOL, I've heard the brand new Gibson Historics are the best of the best, PLEK'ed with rolled fretboard edges an' all... ;)

I'll save my money and be happy to plunk it down for a really no holds barred, top of the line Tokai LS320 with all the right guts and a really gorgeous FLAMED maple solid top. I mean really a humm dinger...
Maybe you should write to Ishibashi about your wish and tell them exactly what kind of flamed top you mean, because there are different opinions about what a gorgeous maple top is (decent, "clowny", quartersawn etc.). If you pay in advance for a brand new LS380 with JM Rolph PAFs, they'll surely try to get you what you want.

http://www.ishibashi-music.com/

Thanks to Hans-Jurgen and Gottfreid who already have supplied me much support and advice. Hans, are you and Gottfreid anywhere near each other. I can put together a little care package and send it off to him and then he can forward it to you. I'll burn some great very hard to get cds and then you two can share them (download them to your pcs). Would you two be interested in a real high quality soundboard of the Cream Reunion show, last night, at RAH in 2005 ?? It's killer...

I didn't know there was a LS380, I'll try to find some photos of tops that really do it for me, and attach them in emails to Ishibashi-san when I email them and get the ordering process started.

Thank you again.

Michael

Hey Hans I know you were tongue and cheek with your Historic Gibson comment, but the prices on the new LS-380's are really steep IT would cost somebody in the U.S. $3500 for one. I love Tokai's don't get me wrong but you could get a used historic for cheaper and have an awesome top for that much money.

That said none of my Gibson Historics really hold a candle to my LS-450CS, so who am I trying to fool
8)

bigmike said:
Hans, are you and Gottfreid anywhere near each other. I can put together a little care package and send it off to him and then he can forward it to you.
Well, in a way, because he lives in Bavaria in the south and I live near Hamburg in the north, but that shouldn't be a problem, I guess. :)

I'll burn some great very hard to get cds and then you two can share them (download them to your pcs). Would you two be interested in a real high quality soundboard of the Cream Reunion show, last night, at RAH in 2005 ?? It's killer...
Wow, for sure, because I was very interested in the Cream Reunion back then and still am.

I didn't know there was a LS380, I'll try to find some photos of tops that really do it for me, and attach them in emails to Ishibashi-san when I email them and get the ordering process started.
That's probably the best idea, and here's the catalog page describing the LS380:

2006_04.jpg

buckwild said:
IT would cost somebody in the U.S. $3500 for one. I love Tokai's don't get me wrong but you could get a used historic for cheaper and have an awesome top for that much money.
Hmm, I don't know how much Ishibashi would "discount" on the Japanese list price of 380,000 Yen, but you know that it's normally 20% plus the shipping (~$150 including the hard shell case) for foreign online buyers, and U.S. citizens even don't have to pay import taxes unlike the rest of the world.

As for specs see the catalog page, as far as I know the Gibsons don't use Honduras mahogany or Brazilian rosewood anymore, and the prices for the used '59 Reissues that did are sky-high at the moment. Another important fact is that all new Reissues come "aged" now, and if you want a glossy new looking one, you have to special order it which usually means "more money".

Last but not least I wonder why Gibson buyers always compare used Gibsons to new Tokais, but hardly ever used Gibsons to used Tokais, or new Gibsons to new Tokais... It's like saying: "In Germany you can buy a '70s Mercedes Benz with only 300,000 km cheaper than a new Lexus." ;)

do you think it would be possible for me to ask for a light weight guitar with light colored back one my ls-145s since I've already paid ishibashi in advance... hans?

1980 LS320 stunning top with original case with tag.
with peter florence 59/60 pu
comes at a price of ?2100

Sorry about that PUs are peter florence VOODOO 59/60 8)

Hi bigmike im sending you some pics to your email of the LS320 :D

Mike, I think you'll like a LS320,I feel that neck size almost perfect for myself.Excelent guitars,very resonant.I'd like to try one on those LS380 with boutique pups.....

bruno said:
do you think it would be possible for me to ask for a light weight guitar with light colored back one my ls-145s since I've already paid ishibashi in advance... hans?[/quo

I think that all Tokai gold tops have a light finish on the back. Am I wrong?
I sure hope my LS 145s comes like that!

Mark

Hey BigMike,

You may already know about this, but here's an example of the highest-end Tokai I've ever seen: LS-450-CS, Exact Replica Les Paul:

http://www.guitarsjapan.com/1999_tokai_cs_59_lp.html

From the looks of his site, it might be for sale, too. I say that because the some of the guitars say 'SOLD' or 'Not for Sale' on them.

-- Bill

detroitace said:
Hey BigMike,

You may already know about this, but here's an example of the highest-end Tokai I've ever seen: LS-450-CS, Exact Replica Les Paul:

From the looks of his site, it might be for sale, too. I say that because the some of the guitars say 'SOLD' or 'Not for Sale' on them.

-- Bill

That guitar is for sale and it is in the U.S. It will be available in june and the price is $3500. It took me some time to track it down and I was going to buy it. It is a ls 320 built for a music store in Japan.

Hey Guys !!

Thanks to Detroitace and Tunafreak for the posts !! I have come to the Board every day and totally forgot to look at my old thread !!

Next time you post a link to pics that nice better give us guys a SUNGLASSES warning so their eyes don't go bonkers when they see a nice top like that. WOW !!!

Really sweet...

Ace, things crazy in Detroit now that the Superbowl is over ?? Great game no matter which team you were rooting for !!

Big

TUNAFREAK said:
detroitace said:
Hey BigMike,

-- Bill

That guitar is for sale and it is in the U.S. It will be available in june and the price is $3500. It took me some time to track it down and I was going to buy it. It is a ls 320 built for a music store in Japan.

Well it is a little different than a LS-320. First off it has a two piece back and it also has Tom Holmes pickups. I have one with a quilted top. It can go toe to toe with my Gibson Historic anyday.
IMG_1141_2.jpg
[/img]

Latest posts

Back