Fender Jaguar schematics

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I've wanted a Jag for ages and find playing borrowed ones a joy and pain at the same time. Therefore I've decided to start looking at building a custom one, going from blank piece of alder or swamp ash for the body to custom pickguard as I don't want all the metal parts for the switches. I'm definitely going the tuneamatic route for the bridge and maybe a Les Trem as well.

What I'm really looking for is somewhere that does a schematic of the Jag body so I can get the shaping right. Does anyone know of anywhere that does such a thing?

Thanks,

Andy.

if you're going to go that route then you might try to buy an aftermarket replacement body.

Check out the website www.jagandjazz.com for lots of info.

check out this one from allparts:

http://www.allparts.com/details.php?call=displayimage&image=JZJG.jpg&stock_id=2180','','toolbar=0,location=0,directories=0,status=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=1,resizeable=1,width=550,height=450

I've had a look at the Allparts one, getting it to the UK is pretty expensive. Warmoth does a nice one but it's pre-routed. I can get good wood for a decent price and I have the woodworking skills of my grandfather. He's made cellos and violins for over 30 years and he rather fancies a guitar shaping job! I can get the wood for around ?70, shipping a Warmoth body over to the Uk with shipping and Customs charges would be well over double this cost.

Thanks for the links Brad, the search will continue. It's going to be a spring-summer project :)

Andy.

Back