In the eye of the beholder?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NPH

Reaction score
I know we all have differing tastes but try this experiment. Go to the Wizard guitar site via the links page and scroll down the catalogue page till you get to the Tokais. When you see the Paisley SG do you go "Urgh! vile" or "Yeah baby!" Personally I did the former (I have only just stopped shivering at the sight of paisley tele's) I think it's the ugliest Tokai I have ever seen. What do you reckon?

I am not particularly enamored of either the paisley guitars nor the floral ones ... Tokai OR the Fender originals...

They may be interesting from a collectors point of view... but I certainly wouldnt leave the house with one...

Some people like funky-wild-loud cosmetics, and some believe in the form-follows-function beauty camp. I'm in the latter, but can see that others have a valid point of view. There must be a market, or production would not be feasable. Give me the simple good looks of a well designed instrument, and the extra fluff is a distraction, to me... I'm sure the next guy would find my plain taste in asthetics a stone cold drag. Different strokes...

Back