Don't Drink and e-bay...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerslinger

Reaction score
You might end up doing what I did last night!
I bought a Tokai Butterscotch Blonde '52 Tele.$299. US. used buy it now,I was kinda loaded and didn't want to wait :smile:.
Looks kinda cool,Korean I expect based on the price.Didn't bother checking it out, saw it and had to have it,it kept saying to me"BRUCE,BRUCE,BRUCE"Tried to post the link to e-bay here but it overrides my post .I guess I'm not really that handy 'round PC's.
Any comments from the members?

I did the same type thing on eBay with a low end Srat by Tokai. (Korea) It's a pretty good guitar for $300, but I also watched a Japanese model go for $350, which I regret not waiting on now. My Korean model has an oversized route scar by the low tone knob, and the body finish is visibly "peaked" at the glue joints. I would not have bought if I had known this "new" instrument was so crappy looking. (Mike's Music) On the bright side, it plays and sounds good, and the neck is very nice. Another live and learn lesson... I DO believe that obvious defects should be listed in auction postings, however...

Mine is fine cosmetically, no blemishes or blobs of finish etc. The neck is really nice and the fretwork is beautiful for a guitar of this price.It has grown on me.Ironically I paid in Cdn$ for my 84 Japan Love Rock what I paid in US$ for the Korean Tele.I posted a "Tokai Guitars Wanted" ad in the local Bargain Hunter and am waiting to start reeling in the Breezy and Springy's next week;). If only.

Did it again...sold off the Lake Placid Blue Korean, and have Japanese Ash Strat due in from Toronto next week. (Another eBay score...) I figured the $40.00 difference in price would justify a chance on the Japanese model, and I like the finish better in natural. Ever seen anything like this as new production, or is it possible that it is "one of two in existance"? Appreciate the reply.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=860564151

Good score.What did you get for the Korean strat if you don't mind sharing the info and was it easy to sell?? It croosed my mind to do the same thing :smile:

Korean copy was still in new condition, so I offered it to young friend at work for $300. I lost the shipping cost, but was willing to do so to get into Japanese model. I did notice that even though ID names were different, payments for both Tokais went to Mike's Music in Toronto. I hope that the cosmetics on the Japanese Strat are better than the Korean one. It worked fine, but looked like a "second", due to some wild routing at the input jack, and glue joints that didn't cover too well with paint. Hope you have good luck with yours, and the price difference isn't enough to mess with fixing up the Korean copy...(To Japanese specs.) It'll be interesting to see what comes in the mail. I'll keep you informed.

Latest posts

Back