Is this a real Tokai?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aroomstudios

Reaction score
I have never seen anything like this before. With the "tokai gakki co ltd" stamp on the guitar.

hirotepopon-img1200x900-1584976904rvigkg8128.jpg

This is very strange. Have any of you guys seen a tokai like this before? I have no interest in buying it but it is just very strange. The carve of the neck looks different also. This seems like a fake to me.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/o382924690

I saw that one too and wondered... the routing also looks a bit off. I wondered if it could be from the Custom Shop but i've never seen any come out of there with that logo. The serial however looks dead correct for Tokai ...

It is a wonder. I've never seen another.

8) this guitar looks like a semi-ordered model made by the tokai custom system. around 2014, there were many options for the semi-ordered guitars by the tokai custom system. the semi-order is the special order guitars with the spec options chosen by the customers. its the tokai-japan's premium service that exists today too. its not completely the one-off custom-made by the custom shop/master builders but with the optional specs that the customers choose. the application for this service is on their GUITAR-SHOP site.

I have ordered three custom guitars from Tokai before. Direct from Shohei Adachi. I get the guitars really custom when I order them. Like abalone or MOP inlays. Special types of wood etc. Is there a difference with that (semi-ordered model, made by the tokai custom system. around 2014) and these:

https://theguitarshop2.jp/gallery/

2 of the 3 guitars I have ordered are are on that gallery.

Or do you mean custom like a ls540? Or something on Tokais complete top of the line.

8) yours are also from this tokai semi/custom order service but you get more options than the regular customers because you are a direct customer of the tokai CEO. LS540~320 are not the custom order guitars but the limited quantity guitars made by the requests by the customers.

Latest posts

Back