Covid-19 Question

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcusnieman

Reaction score
Putting this out there for all of us...... what is the general thought about how the growing Covid-19 economic situation will affect buying/selling values of guitars?

Really, you want to ask this question now.

It's anyone's guess depending on how many Tokai enthusiasts end up dead or survive! The guitars will not be affected! :cry:

In the short term IMO guitars will be the last concern of 99.999999999999999% of the population.
Then what will be the concern? Everything is closing; schools, restaurants, gyms aka fitness centers, hotels closing, airline bookings going down faster than a $5 ***** on a politician, Las Vegas is a ghost town, millions upon millions OUT OF work & staying home, etc.
IMO hoping to make a sale for a musical instrument will be concern #999 out of one thousand.
But just remember; this is all a "hoax" by a certain political party & by the fake news. :roll:
YMMV & GLWTS

We closed our borders to all but Canadians and essential people, i don't know how that will affect mail, as i have 2 guitars on ship service and even though i was gonna send one by air now i'm just thinking to send it by ship as well. lol People are buying Toilet paper for $100 a pack on Ebay so my guitars must be worth millions. Hopefully we'll get out in front of this and turn a corner on it or it's gonna turn a corner on us. I'm not too worried myself because i don't think panic really helps any. Time will tell. It really depends on how long it goes on for.

Hey fellas.... lighten up. Do you think I live on a different planet and I'm oblivious to what the F is going on and affecting ALL of us, our families and loved ones?

My intent of this post was to take our minds off of reality for a couple minutes to think about guitars..... guess I was wrong.

"Really, you want to ask this question now.
It's anyone's guess depending on how many Tokai enthusiasts end up dead or survive!"
Let me put your question to you about that comment, Really?

You all carry on with this forum. I'm punching out.

marcusnieman said:
Hey fellas.... lighten up. Do you think I live on a different planet and I'm oblivious to what the F is going on and affecting ALL of us, our families and loved ones?

My intent of this post was to take our minds off of reality for a couple minutes to think about guitars..... guess I was wrong.

"Really, you want to ask this question now.
It's anyone's guess depending on how many Tokai enthusiasts end up dead or survive!"
Let me put your question to you about that comment, Really?

You all carry on with this forum. I'm punching out.

Marcus,

I get what you're trying to do here, and I am with you big guy!

My opinion is that It would be a loss for this forum to see you go!

It would be a great loss to see you go but if you really wanted to take our minds off covid-19 then talk about anything but that. There was no humour or lightness in the question that came across to the reader. Not me anyway.

"My intent of this post was to take our minds off of reality for a couple minutes to think about guitars..... guess I was wrong."

Maybe my response was a bit harsh but currently I'm stuck in England and my partner is in lockdown in Madrid and a relative in Madrid died last Tuesday, so to consider the effect on guitar values is crass or ill considered at best.
Best regards
Dave S

Update 20 Mar
My partner is on day11 with c19 with very slow signs of improvement
I'm on day 3 with c19 worsening rapidly and hoping it is just a very bad cold and retirement is a month away :eek:
I'm supposed to be selling up here and moving to Madrid permanently

Well colour me stupid. I thought it was a serious question. I didn't get distract me from the serious nature of this global pandemic from the thread title or your post. My bad.

mdvineng said:
It would be a great loss to see you go but if you really wanted to take our minds off covid-19 then talk about anything but that. There was no humour or lightness in the question that came across to the reader. Not me anyway.

"My intent of this post was to take our minds off of reality for a couple minutes to think about guitars..... guess I was wrong."

Maybe my response was a bit harsh but currently I'm stuck in England and my partner is in lockdown in Madrid and a relative in Madrid died last Tuesday, so to consider the effect on guitar values is crass or ill considered at best.
Best regards
Dave S

Update 20 Mar
I'm on day 3 with c19 worsening rapidly and hoping it is just a very bad cold and retirement is a month away :eek:
All the best to you and yours, and everybody on here.
Dark ***** happening now. I hope we see that there's going to be an end in the distance soon.

JVsearch said:
mdvineng said:

Best regards
Dave S

Update 20 Mar
All the best to you and yours, and everybody on here.
Dark ***** happening now. I hope we see that there's going to be an end in the distance soon.

Thanks
The Madrid better half is still slowly recovering and mine is just being a really bad cold so far. Just re booked my flights for May 20th, more in anticipation than expectation. Not much we can do.

Take care

Latest posts

Back