Tokai SURFTONE mysterious girl

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tery

Reaction score
Hello, brand new to the forum.
Thought I would make a thread about my guitar which is an Australian limited edition SURFTONE.
It's a classic strat style guitar.
You can still pick these up brand new (in Australia at least) but I believe they no longer manufacture them, so they would be older stock.
I contacted a local Tokai dealer to ask about the specs of the guitar because they are absolutely NOWHERE to be found.
Even the Tokai website says something like currently no information.
They got back to me to say they also don't know but were fairly certain the model was based on an AST-52 and gave me the specs for that model.
🤔
The mystery continues.

The guitar itself -
Sonic Blue in colour.
After tightening everything and setting it up (learning curve my first go at it) put on some elixer 10's tuned tp 432 and the thing absolutely sings, the tone is incredible. Long long springy sustain.
Sustain for days,
Its pretty hefty body wise, haven't weighed it but definately feels heavier that a fender.
Supposedly alder body, if its the same as the AST model the fretboard is "Carbonised jatoba" which is pretty strange wood.
The AST also had canadian maple fretboars but as mine is dark I'm guessing its not, I have seen SURFTONE's advertised with the light blonde fretboard too.

Any of you guys know more about this strange beast?
I'd love to hear about it.

So I'll probably make this a thread if I can and add some more info to it, maybe make a youtube vid of the guitar and tone it has.

Many thanks.
Terry.

Did you Google it?

http://www.mixdownmag.com.au/tokai-surftone-ast-s38-sfg-electric-guitar

https://www.musocity.com.au/collections/tokai-surftone/products/tokai-ast-s38-sob-surftone-series-st-style-electric-guitar-with-gig-bag?variant=28363606097

From the CN serial number on the back of the headstock in one of the photos, they're made in China. Might be an exclusive for the distributor there. I only found sites in Australia that offered them for sale.

Hey mate,
Yes I have been googling the hell ouy of it, I have read that review it's probably the only review on the internet.
As you can see the muso city website which is even selling the guitar says "description to come shortly"
That's because even the Tokai website says the same thing ☺️
I am quite certain it's Chinese made, maybe thats why they don't know what the **** things are. Haha.

Latest posts

Back