Book, Tokai The Vintage Years 1977-1986

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This awesome book arrived here today (in Sweden). I have to admit I had no idea what kind of item I was collecting at first, but when I realised the parcel felt like some kinda book I spontaneously went: ´Whooa, the Tokai book has arrived!" (and I was right.. for once!)

Thanks Peter (and also Jesus for the convenient shipping) for all the great work put into this. This book will make for some truly interesting reading, and also serve great as reference studies regarding these special guitars.

Once again, great work!

Hi guys,

Good to hear the books finally arrived at their destinations.
There were a few hiccups with the postal service to USA and Europe but they were solved.
My personal thanks to the 2 members who volunteered their time to forward the books on in order to help me keep pricing down.
Hope this helps you all

regards
Peter

Peter Mac said:
Hi guys,

Good to hear the books finally arrived at their destinations.
There were a few hiccups with the postal service to USA and Europe but they were solved.
My personal thanks to the 2 members who volunteered their time to forward the books on in order to help me keep pricing down.
Hope this helps you all

regards
Peter

Big thanks for all the hard work you guys put into giving us a very nice Tokai 'lexicon'. 8) 8) 8)

Hello,
I own three Tokai Jazz Sounds and I want to know more about them.

Is it still possible to get one issue of this book.

Regards

Hi Peter, did you get my reply to your PM with my address? I'm not sure if the mailbox is working as the boxes are not full but my reply is showing in the outbox and not the sent. Hence the message on here.

Iain

Peter, I got the book, wow, where do I start?!? Well with a mug of tea in a quiet room. Thank you for your dedication in imparting your extensive knowledge. I think I am just getting to grip with the mystery of their strats but you have them all!!!

Maybe I need to invest in a bib to keep the drool off the pages :)

Many thanks, let me feedback when I ve worked my way through - might be a great way to spend some of the Xmas holidays!

Iain

First all and only related Tokai book with a lot of interesting info.
I just got mine and I am enjoying it a lot, When a second part for?

Great great job, my friend!
Very glad helping you as I was able from this side.

I just told Peter about a second part to be written but not sure if he is ready to do it again.
I just give my helping hand at this time ,with some ideas and knowledge...

Yes please I am very interested in the book.
Just let me know how to pay.
Living in Denmark. so long way.......what is the cost for postage...usp...dhl.....
Or I have to find a friend travelling to Australia.

Thanks Michael

Hi Peter,

How do I order your book? I tried sending you a PM last night, not sure though if it got sent. I'm quite interested =)
Thanks!

Hi there, just wondering if you still have any copies of the Tokai book left?
I'd be very interested in buying one
But not sure how i go about it
Any help much appreciated regards Carl in UK

Hi All,
Just a quick update . . .
As of March 2020, all 100 printed copies of the book "Tokai: The Vintage Years 1977 - 1986" had been sold.
To date there are no plans to run another batch.
I have been approached to do a small book on just the Springy Sound series...

regards
Peter Mac

Hi,
I'd like to see the Talbo series included in a possible reprint.
19tlb84

If there will not be a reprint, would you consider publishing a .pdf scan of the book?
Seems tragic to do all of that work and limit to 100 copies and cut it off.

Latest posts

Back