What does this mean?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Morning all,

I hope everyone is good. I’ve just picked up another Goldstar sound - an ST65 in metallic gold. I believe it to be from 1984 based on the serial number - L12308. I know this in itself doesn’t indicate a date but I have an article which says that any numbers which fall within the range of L06001 and L17000 would be from 1984 production. This of course could be completely wrong...

Either way, I’m not that fussed about the year it was made. My question is about the stamp in the control cavity - 6=8 GM Y. I believe the 6=8 indicates the month & batch, the GM will be for gold metallic, but what does the Y stand for?

All the best,

Karim.

Hi 3rdstone,

Thanks for your reply - hopefully someone will be able to let me know what the Y stands for . In terms of pics, it will be a few weeks before I can do this - the guitar is at my techs having a few things done to it, and I'm off on holiday for a couple of weeks so will have to wait until I return to post the pictures. She's certainly a beauty though...!

Cheers.

a Y normally means yellow colour, so could be yellow base with gold metallic over the top. this is a guess :wink:

Latest posts

Back