• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS in the EU: Tokai HLS-BZF only 6 made

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lumi71

Reaction score
Tokai HLS-BZF (HLS is the historical course of the Tokai). The HLS-BZF seems to be a very special run for a shop...
very rare, only 6 pieces have been made. It has all the features you want in a unique high-end LP. I think they are now selling it as HLS Max for about 500,000 new yen.
It has all the features (and more) that you pay 3-4 times more on the big G******* and it is one of the best LPs Tokai has ever produced.

-adjusted neck angle
-Nitro laquer
-hide glue
-59 full neck profile
-Honduran mahogany body - 1 piece
hand carved maple top

However it has some cosmetic issues, which the previous owner did not metion when I bought it...
-The holes have been drilled a bit and the tuners are not original (I can deliver with Kluson conversion sockets and double ring tuners, as on the picture and then you can't see that the holes have been drilled, or with the tuners that have been integrated).
-It's a bit strange with the dots on the sides. It seems that some of them have been replaced by others, slightly larger. It's a pity for the guitar.
The dots on the sides up to square 15 seem to have been replaced. 12 and 3 are bad... (see pictures)
-Looks like the tone pots have been replaced. They are 300 K. The volume pots seem to be original. The caps are bumblebees, which isn't a bad thing. But I doubt they're original.

The guitar is in good condition. It has some marks on the back, but the front is in very good condition. The frets are also in very good condition.
The pictures are with reflector knobs from the 60s, but the originals are included.

So you can see that there are some cosmetic problems. And it needs some adjustment and care (the soldering spots are not so clean either), but it's still a guitar that has all the high-end features of the historical LPs and a base of the best ingredients.

The weight is 4,1 KG

I'll be honest and say that I paid 2200 Euro (without pick-up and with the case). I am willing to make a loss for the cosmetic points mentioned.
I can sell the original Tokai Lifton case for + 100 and there are options for pickups.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for a LP with high-end specifications at a bargain price and wants to put some effort into it.

Guitar is located in Germany

I will ship in the Eu
1550 Euro shipped without the Lifton case (other included) and without pups. Options for pickus at cost

pics
https://www.zikinf.com/annonces/annonce-1723640

1950 Euro shipped in the EU.
Come on guys, it wont get better than this if you are looking for a single cut.

Back