• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: early 80s lefty Tokai ST50 Strat

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pacafeliz

Reaction score
Hey people, thanks for having me here.
I hope you can get me some information... or maybe someone here is interested in this thing...

Ok so i got this as a part of a trade, thinking I might do a Jimi guitar thing or something... but of course that isn't gonna happen. :roll:

Of course it's been modded and could need some TLC and/or upgrades, but it IS ready to rock as is, and it sounds pretty **** good.

Original:
- "Deluxe" stamped Kluson-style tuners
- neck and 5-digit neck plate
- body

...everything else is newer, I guess. Pickups and electronics don't look too fancy (...), body has been de- and refin'd, and routed for a bridge humbucker.
It also seems the vibrato had been a righty (or a Floyd Rose?), thus a little piece on the low E side routed and then filled again.
Guitar must've been a nice 50s sunburst, by the vibrato springs route and neck pocket.
There's also an extra output jack in the Tele location, no idea why. Both work.

AMAZING DELICIOUS C (bit wide but not too much) NECK!!!
All in all very light.

A wonderful vintage Japanese 50s feel Strat to rock or restore.
Thinking of €350shipped in the EU (neck off) OBO

47SY79W.jpg

5VXcHDW.jpg

D2Tnv59.jpg

OJODuQA.jpg

mvM4HRb.jpg

jq7jDlx.jpg

n40TUyB.jpg

0ty9lRD.jpg

yfIkQkJ.jpg

Please let me know if you need to see more.
And I would be very thankful for any additional infos. This is my only Tokai (so far...)

Greets from Cologne, Germany!

Back