Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NGD 1984 Tokai SS-38 closet queen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knight_yyz
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject: NGD 1984 Tokai SS-38 closet queen Reply with quote

Scored this on Yahoo Japan a few weeks ago. It was the filthiest guitar I have ever seen. Took it all apart and gave it a good wipedown with Barkeeper's Friend and then Naptha. I thought is was all original but after getting home I noticed the pickguard is not black but mirror. Checkout the frets, and the "H" pickups which was a surprise. The rosewood board has soaked up 2 applications of Fret Doctors bore oil. There is not a single scratch or dent on this body. I swear it sat in a closet all these years. Picture heavy so click on the link to the googlle drive folder. A white pickguard loaded with Tokai "U"'s is on the way as well.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1JEDdBs5qphNafG1-egL-C1sJOTwHeyhA?usp=sharing

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the Kluson revolution machine heads work on older Japanese guitars? They were made to replce Fender trap tuners and some re0-issue trap tuners. I'm wondering if the mounting holes line up or not.
felixcatus
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonah65
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great.
J.E.M.
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re the tuners - it's work to replace them with anything, easiest is to use the schaller that was used on the higher model SS's.

You can use the Kluson's you mentioned, it's the same work as using Fenders... I've changed a few from Trap to Fenders - some details here;

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=23044&highlight=
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: