• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS Fender MIJ '62 Stratocaster 1995/6

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redstringuitar

Reaction score
Excellent MIJ Strat in Olympic White, fantastic player and sound, gorgeous satin-finish rosewood neck, nicer feel than some of the more recent "dipped in plastic" jobs.

001.jpg

002.jpg

Tonerider Pure Vintage Alnico pickups, CTS 250k pots, CRL 5-way switch, Sprague Orange Drop .022 cap and USA cloth covered wire throughout.
I also installed a brand new exact replacement Gotoh Japan steel block trem system last month.

There are a few marks on the body and some buckle-rash around the rear body contour...only adds to the vibe, the guitar looks fantastic and the neck is spot-on.

004.jpg

007.jpg

Schaller strap-locks are fitted and the guitar comes in a tweed non-Fender hard case.

003.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

I sold an LS80 here last October, check out the thread as testimony: http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=17104&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Think I've covered pretty much everything, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

My reason for selling is that I now have a Tele with a big maple neck, which I prefer, so I want something with a closer neck profile to that. Therefore, I might consider trading for a maple neck Tele, Semi, SG or something with p90s...maybe even another Strat if the neck's maple and bigger than the MIJ.

040.jpg

?450 + Shipping

I won't be dropping the price on her...she's worth every penny of what I'm asking at least and I'd rather keep her than take less...but I will throw in the following for a limited time:

008.jpg

Monte Allums aluminium pickguard shield .018", fits any Strat 'guard.

Fatboy Guitars relic'd pickup covers, knobs and mint green '62 pickguard.

Now you can really go to town on that vintage look! :grin:

Thanks Marcus...trouble is when I leave the Baja in it's case and go straight to the Strat, I fall in love all over again every time! The MIJ is a way better guitar but I've become addicted to that big maple Baja neck.

If she doesn't sell this week though, I'll take it she was meant to stay with me, it's as simple as that.

Might have a possible neck swap for a MIJ '54 RI on Strat Talk.

Someone PM'd me for a price on the shield and plastics, I think they were expecting to get them for next to nothing because I'm throwing them in with the sale...sorry but they're free to whoever buys the guitar, ?50 to everyone else.

Thanks Marcus. You're right, there's plenty of go left in her and I'm learning to adapt my playing to make her work with the Baja...she's certainly the better quality guitar, but the Baja does have a great neck.

MIJ rules!

There was a picture that was available on this it was about the person who has a guitar on his hand among the all details. I have to make the all reports on this so I took help from resume writing services this was the company that have some worth at the international community.

redstringuitar said:
Thanks Marcus. You're right, there's plenty of go left in her and I'm learning to adapt my playing to make her work with the Baja...she's certainly the better quality guitar, but the Baja does have a great neck.

MIJ rules!

Great decision !!! This stunner would have been a steal for that price especially with the upgrades. I have the same dilemma from time to time swapping between my huge Greco necks and the tiny Ibanez and OBG necks. I always stay a while with the same guitar and then change to another for a few weeks. Takes me 15 minutes and my hands are adapted again to the new neck shape or lower / higher frets. Congrats for keeping and and do not change your mind again ;-)

Latest posts

Back