• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB Les Paul Junior DC

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
orys said:
I’m located in Europe.
Cyprus

Thanks. I'm in the US and I have an Orville by Gibson single cut Junior (cherry finish) that I'm thinking about selling. But with duties and such, that will add quite a bit to the final cost. Perhaps one of our European forum members can help you out.

marcusnieman said:
orys said:
I’m located in Europe.
Cyprus

Thanks. I'm in the US and I have an Orville by Gibson single cut Junior (cherry finish) that I'm thinking about selling. But with duties and such, that will add quite a bit to the final cost. Perhaps one of our European forum members can help you out.

I apologise for not replying sooner.
I spent my afternoon rewiring my ObG 54 All gold.
I thought how is it possible that my CS Junior or an ordinary LP Special sound so much better than my ObG with BKP Blue Notes and Emerson Bumblebees?
I got some CTS pots I found from Fender and i did a 50s wiring and WTF, the guitar is resurrected. I had to drill larger holes for the pots but who cares?
The bridge pickup was so muddy before and now it's just a lot brighter. Also there more control on the tone knob. Think i need to lower the P90s a bit now to darken the sound a bit although the tone controls achieve that pretty easily.
I suspect the original pots were knackered. Need to find out how to measure their resistance in order to know for sure.
All in all i think the quest is over for another P90 guitar.
Will get a Faber wraparound tailpiece and finish it off.

Well done!

OBG 54? All gold.... I've never seen one. Can you post some pics?
I have a Tokai custom order 54 gold top with a Faber compensated wrap tailpiece.... also switched out the pups to Fralin P90's. Much better.

marcusnieman said:
Well done!

OBG 54? All gold.... I've never seen one. Can you post some pics?
I have a Tokai custom order 54 gold top with a Faber compensated wrap tailpiece.... also switched out the pups to Fralin P90's. Much better.

There she is, almost 30 years old.

https://imgur.com/a/EhEN8Im

Back