Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tokai Reborn Old, 1023290

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitar Registry Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJR
Plucker

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 4:28 am    Post subject: Tokai Reborn Old, 1023290 Reply with quote

Can someone provide me some more information about a Tokai Reborn Old with serial no. 1023290? The seller says it's a 2011 one, bought at Musik Produktiv in Germany. It costed 1100 new, he wants to sell it for 950. I'm not gonna pay that kind of money off course, but if I'll get it down to 750 I think I'll buy it.

Which year, quality, and I guess made in Japan?
MJR
Plucker

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind, I already bought it. Great guitar. It has the rounded headstock model, not the 'open book' one. It's a limited run of Reborn Old's for the German market. For as far as I can see this one has the vintage 60's specs, like ABR1 bridge mounted directly in the body of the guitar and a long neck tennon. It has a plain two piece maple top in tobacco sunburst. It looks fantastic.

The one I bought is just like new. It isn't even broken in, there was no fret wear at all. The owner bought it in 2011 (the guitar is from 2010). He has never played in a band and almost never played it, because he also was the proud owner of a USA PRS Custom 24.

It has the slim neck profile and it plays and sound great, even acoustically and without being broken in already...

It isn't any better or worse than my Gary Moore sig Les Paul. The Tokai only feels a bit snappier, it just has a different kind of quality to it. It's like the difference between a rosewood or a maple fingerboard. It's different, but not better than the other. It really makes me wonder why I would ever pay 2000 for a Gibson again.

The finish is flawless. Way better than on all the 4 Gibsons that I own. The only downside is that it's not a nitro finish, but the poly is applied in a very thin layer. If you look at the guitar under bright lights, you can see that the woodgrain isn't completely filled, you can still 'feel' the wood. Nevertheless, I have to admit that the finish of my Gibson feels a bit better. It feels less like plastic, don't now how to call it. Not that the Tokai feels cheap at all, it's very good.

Really happy with this purchase! I'm gonna put some miles on it, so it will loosen up and even get better I guess. Love it.
brokentoes
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey congrats !!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitar Registry Feedback All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: