Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Advice for someone purchasing a second hand Tokai LC132/E BB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmddmm
Plucker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject: Advice for someone purchasing a second hand Tokai LC132/E BB Reply with quote

Hi All.

I have the opportunity to buy a second hand Tokai LC132 afor 973 dollars and I have a few questions, if anyone who knows these guitars well could assist me that would be great.

-What does the /E stand for? I see there are different types of LC132

-I have been offered brand new lC 336's for about 30 percent more of the price of the LC132 I am buying, is it wise to just pay more? I am already at the end of my budget

-I can pick up a cheapie Gibson Studio for about 100 dollars less than this LC132 will cost me, but I have a feeling the LC132 is a better product. What do you guys think?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156478489107902&set=pcb.1802073726534875&type=3&ifg=1&__tn__=HH-R&eid=ARC1rk1k_8k4VJc5yfuhzeXAJI_ndaYf_sfCIYucNlKVtDdd_SjVOFN_zq6nc_cTOcypZ0qPETuinZdx
brokentoes
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like a great deal. I'd hit it myself, ebony fretboard and all hog body = WIN !!!
Peter Mac
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I believe the 'E' tag refers to the overall finish.
It has a solid mahogany body and top (no maple) with an Ebony fingerboard and Ebony finish.
Generally the all-mahogany LC have a wine red finish and black was used on the LC132S with a maple top.

Peter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: