1992 LS-75Q

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biowolf78

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

So, im LOVING my 1992 LS-75Q. Seriously one of the most impressive Les Paul guitars i've ever played. It resonates like no other! Does anyone have any info on this model from 1992? I'm wondering what model they were competing with (Gibson Standard?). I really know nothing about the history of the guitar. How were Tokais from the 1990s? I dont see how a Gibson Les Paul Standard could be much better than this.

Here is the Reverb info page. This is the exact guitar I purchased.

https://reverb.com/item/20157403-tokai-love-rock-ls-75q-1992-final-price-mark-down

Congrats !! That is a spectacular looking quilt burst. I don't have any Tokai's from the '90's myself.

Lovely guitar :)

I don't have any more info on it - but based on what I've been able to pick up on my own guitars and with help from the good folk on here, yours is a short-tenon neck, two piece quilted/bookmarked solid maple top. The quilted maple finish on it is really nice.

Fwiw - and imho - I think the big difference between the Japanese and American Les Pauls of that era is that for comparable priced guitars, you got much higher quality woods and finishes in the Japanese manufactured stuff than their American counterparts. Cant see it competing with your ordinary run of the mill LespPauls. Quilted finished like that on Gibsons would only come in the really high-end models, whereas the Eastern manufacturers seemed to be able to put out beautifully finished models in their mid-priced ranges. You'd have to look to the custom-shop type finishes today to find something similar/

Makes for some really nice guitars being available at prices that are still affordable for us ordinary mortals out here :)

-Alan- said:
Lovely guitar :)

I don't have any more info on it - but based on what I've been able to pick up on my own guitars and with help from the good folk on here, yours is a short-tenon neck, two piece quilted/bookmarked solid maple top. The quilted maple finish on it is really nice.

Fwiw - and imho - I think the big difference between the Japanese and American Les Pauls of that era is that for comparable priced guitars, you got much higher quality woods and finishes in the Japanese manufactured stuff than their American counterparts. Cant see it competing with your ordinary run of the mill LespPauls. Quilted finished like that on Gibsons would only come in the really high-end models, whereas the Eastern manufacturers seemed to be able to put out beautifully finished models in their mid-priced ranges. You'd have to look to the custom-shop type finishes today to find something similar/

Makes for some really nice guitars being available at prices that are still affordable for us ordinary mortals out here :)

Awesome! Thank you for the information. The guitar is an absolute beauty.

Back