Tokai ST-85 1979 price?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

def

Reaction score
Hallo,
i am new here and i am thinking about to buy this guitar which is now available again. Is that price worth of money?
The price is a bit higher (1300USD), but i think it is quite rare guitar isn't it?
Thank you for help :)

Pictures here:
d7a53281ba60d229c0ebed946f178cc7.jpg

a37a982ac4257a9ee4197df9e3ed1e55.jpg

e1bc7440d81aac1ab9b12239f23a33ea.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/c8TS4Gf/DSC-0004.jpg

If it's all original and you like that finish, it's not a terrible price for a pretty rare guitar. The natural finish just isn't my thing.

RyanC said:
If it's all original and you like that finish, it's not a terrible price for a pretty rare guitar. The natural finish just isn't my thing.
Thank you very much for your answer - I prefer sunburst color, which I have, but this is beautiful piece and hi level Tokai and I can´t get it from my mind :) I tried to find some ST-85 , but there are a very few on internet(maybe 3 pieces in historic auctions).

Hi guys,
As a rule of thumb, ALL natural finish ST series had centre seam 2 piece bodies of either Sen or Alder.

As this is a 1979 model, there should be a stamp of '85' at the end of the fingerboard, 'E' pickups and the front pickup cavity should be stamped similar to 5=12 N A. ( regardless of the numbers, it must finish with both N and A to be an '85). End of neck should have an Allen key adjuster and matching numbers followed by an 'A' eg 5=12 A
Do you have any other pics?

The price seems reasonable in todays Market if it is indeed an ST-85 N.

Peter Mac

Peter Mac said:
Hi guys,
As a rule of thumb, ALL natural finish ST series had centre seam 2 piece bodies of either Sen or Alder.

As this is a 1979 model, there should be a stamp of '85' at the end of the fingerboard, 'E' pickups and the front pickup cavity should be stamped similar to 5=12 N A. ( regardless of the numbers, it must finish with both N and A to be an '85). End of neck should have an Allen key adjuster and matching numbers followed by an 'A' eg 5=12 A
Do you have any other pics?

The price seems reasonable in todays Market if it is indeed an ST-85 N.

Peter Mac
Thank you friends for your wisdom! After long searching and reading I finally bought 75’ ESP Navigator, which will be more usable for me. Thanks again and nice easter!
Kamil

Latest posts

Back