Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can someone help identify these Tele models for me?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
578jhygmuikuj
Plucker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:51 am    Post subject: Can someone help identify these Tele models for me? Reply with quote

Hi, I've seen these two tele models recently. They're both made in Japan, and they're in the Fender 62 custom tele style, but the serial numbers aren't printed on the neck.

I think they're newer models rather than older ones.

The Tokai registry site is down at the moment so I can't check for myself, I've scoured google and can't find any exact models on tokai reseller sites in the UK / Japan.

I'm seeing new prices between 300 and 800, I'm just trying to get an idea of whether or not I'm getting a good price!

Red
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2049408585108765/

Sunburst
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2058464820874793/

Can anyone help identify these models & what they'd potentially go for new?

Cheers[/img]
brokentoes
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without shots of the back of the headstock or where the neck meets the body I can't even tell you if they are MIJ Tokai's. Can you usually get a new MIJ Tokai Breezy for under 300 quid ?? If you can't then tha'ts a red flag right there.

Problem with Strats and Tele's is without a ton of good pictures they could be an assortment of different necks/bodies and God knows what is lurking under the pickguards on some of the older ones.

Buyer beware.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: