'Super Real' case badge

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zukabak

Reaction score
Hi,
As my new EGF1200 doesnt have it's original hard case, I'm looking to buy a colour correct Gator case and having a new brass case badge made to ease my OCD.

Would one of you fine folk please be able to take a nice clear photo of the 'Super Real Series/Greco' logo for me so I can get it into Coral Draw to vectorise.. if I have the right dimensions etc then I can get a few laser engraved, I'd likely end up with some spares etc so could always offer them up on here as replacements or spares to anyone who'd need one.

Thanks!

A little worn after almost 40 years...hope it helps ;-)

33585733778_9167519453_h.jpg

Ooh, look at that lovely patina!

Thanks for that, I'm going to have to look into how to 'age' my new badges too now I think.

SiHTj2kh.jpg

Now I just need to experiment with a way to make them look a little aged.. although I do really like the shiny new look at the minute too!

Test a spare piece first, length of time in yog gives different results and it takes a few days after washing off the yog before it looks like the aged article.

Zukabak said:
SiHTj2kh.jpg

Now I just need to experiment with a way to make them look a little aged.. although I do really like the shiny new look at the minute too!

I cannot believe how fast you've got these badges made :eek:
Doesn't it look strange to have them aged on a brand new gator case ? Maybe a vintage Les Paul case would do a better job ? Anyway if you go for the gator you could age case and badge together with the urine procedure :wink:

Sorry but I couldn't resist :oops:

This might easier and you can eat the yoghurt whil you wait :lol:
https://youtu.be/dcM79XGzs2Q

t.olsen said:
Zukabak said:
Doesn't it look strange to have them aged on a brand new gator case ? Maybe a vintage Les Paul case would do a better job ? Anyway if you go for the gator you could age case and badge together with the urine procedure :wink:

Sorry but I couldn't resist :oops:

Ageing the case is part of the plan!

Back