Strange Tokai headstock

Area for Tokai's older than 1985

Moderators: ian, ned

knight_yyz
I only know 3 chords

Post by knight_yyz » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:41 am

I'm not hung up on the model number. You are saying one thing and Tokai is saying another. One of you is wrong. i don't have enough inforamtion to gauge who is correct

J.E.M.
Guitar God

Post by J.E.M. » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:56 am

The tokai email says;

"we did not know how we priced for the custom models at that time"

and

"right now we do not change the numbers"

If you care to check IMO there is ample evidence that in the early '80s they did change them.

knight_yyz
I only know 3 chords

Post by knight_yyz » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:05 am

Where is the evidence? The only way to prove you are correct would be to buy a Tokai model ask for upgrades and wait to see what sticker they put on the neck when it shows up! Making a statement does not make it fact.

Tokai says they don;t change the sticker. You say they do. Why should I believe you and not Tokai? If the evidence exists, post a link!!

brokentoes
Guitar God

Post by brokentoes » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:54 am

Well I don't have a time machine.

I got some pretty good weed but it's not that good.

Cheers

mdvineng
Guitar God

Post by mdvineng » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:31 pm

knight_yyz wrote:Where is the evidence? The only way to prove you are correct would be to buy a Tokai model ask for upgrades and wait to see what sticker they put on the neck when it shows up! Making a statement does not make it fact.

Tokai says they don;t change the sticker. You say they do. Why should I believe you and not Tokai? If the evidence exists, post a link!!
Try reading it again. "Right now we do not change the stickers" this only means for the present and does not include the past.

Peter Mac
Guitar God

Post by Peter Mac » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:17 pm

Wow, you really are a stubbon one, knight_yyz. If answers aren't to your liking you change tack.
This guitar was never an SS-60 - regardless of the logo. SS-60's like the headstock you have pictured have Kluson tuners - just for starters.
You ask a question about your guitar. People with infinately more knowledge than you answer, give you facts and features and all you can do is throw up half baked excuses. What is it you want to know?
At every point you are trying to make it something it is not.
It is an SS-38 with a 10,000 yen paint job. It has the cheapest SilverStar pickups in it (neither SS-Hot or SS-Super) and an odd logo.
SIMPLE>
Your ramblings about ceramic magnets and such only shows you have very little idea about these Models and talking to Factory personel about workshop practices 37 years ago and applying it to todays market is not comparing apples to apples - is it. I can read some Katakana and my son is very good at Japanese and so telling you this is NOT a Production Model SS-48 doesn't seem to ring true to you. You are given a breakdown of the whole guitar - doesn't seem right to you. I have personally owned more than 30 pre-85 SilverStars, taken them apart, logged and photographed the features to gain my knowledge whilst you read posts from over the internet and yet what I say doesn't ring true to you.
You taunt the 'experts' - like you are the holder of all things SilverStar - and argue when they disagree with what you say.
You are really a waste of air- if I went back to 1980 with a time machine, it would be to strangle you in your cot.
The world will not end today...because it is already tomorrow in Australia.

mdvineng
Guitar God

Post by mdvineng » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:24 pm

Peter Mac wrote:Wow, you really are a stubbon one, knight_yyz. If answers aren't to your liking you change tack.
This guitar was never an SS-60 - regardless of the logo. SS-60's like the headstock you have pictured have Kluson tuners - just for starters.
You ask a question about your guitar. People with infinately more knowledge than you answer, give you facts and features and all you can do is throw up half baked excuses. What is it you want to know?
At every point you are trying to make it something it is not.
It is an SS-38 with a 10,000 yen paint job. It has the cheapest SilverStar pickups in it (neither SS-Hot or SS-Super) and an odd logo.
SIMPLE>
Your ramblings about ceramic magnets and such only shows you have very little idea about these Models and talking to Factory personel about workshop practices 37 years ago and applying it to todays market is not comparing apples to apples - is it. I can read some Katakana and my son is very good at Japanese and so telling you this is NOT a Production Model SS-48 doesn't seem to ring true to you. You are given a breakdown of the whole guitar - doesn't seem right to you. I have personally owned more than 30 pre-85 SilverStars, taken them apart, logged and photographed the features to gain my knowledge whilst you read posts from over the internet and yet what I say doesn't ring true to you.
You taunt the 'experts' - like you are the holder of all things SilverStar - and argue when they disagree with what you say.
You are really a waste of air- if I went back to 1980 with a time machine, it would be to strangle you in your cot.
+1

marcusnieman
Guitar God

Post by marcusnieman » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:56 am

+2

iainblack
Guitar God

Post by iainblack » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:59 am

+3

villager
Guitar God

Post by villager » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:59 am

+4 and brilliant ..

bluejeannot
Guitar God

Post by bluejeannot » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:43 pm

+5 made me piss myself laughing.
bluejeannot

Peter Mac
Guitar God

Post by Peter Mac » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:29 pm

+5 made me piss myself laughing.
Sorry to hear about the incontinence problem - I will try to keep my comments to a small smirk in the future.
Best of luck

Peter
The world will not end today...because it is already tomorrow in Australia.

bluejeannot
Guitar God

Post by bluejeannot » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:13 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
bluejeannot