1979 Springy ST80

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loudmouse

Reaction score
For sale in my area heads up.
I'm not selling it and know nothing about it.

https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/msg/d/lake-oswego-tokai-springy-sound-st-80/6833568732.html

tumblr_pnvaz9oImQ1t2f1sno1_1280.jpg

Dont see too many of those rosewood boards around. My st80 is from the same year but has worked hard since the day I bought it brand new in 1980. Love that guitar!

Sorry but I'd need plenty more pictures before I pulled the trigger on that. For a rare rosewood board and finish color, that price is awfully low for an ST80 in that kind of condition.

I've thought about going and taking a look at it several times, but you know how that is. Suddenly I'd have another Strat!

Loudmouse said:
I've thought about going and taking a look at it several times, but you know how that is. Suddenly I'd have another Strat!

Yeah but that's a great one to have if it checks out. You'll just need to look under the hood a bit. Price is great too.....

Regardless, there's no decal on the headstock from what I can see. Under the hood for any identifying stamps on the heel, label/fretboard stamp. Same thing with the body and electronics.

There's always the uninformed out there, which often works to our advantage. If this one checks out, $1200 is a great price.

Back