Fender CST-55 RB SQ5xxxx

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greco_burst

Tokai Supporter
Reaction score
Thought I would share this SQ5xxxx guitar, CST-55 Richie Blackmore model.
I have not seen this one before, it is very interesting with the pickups used, similar to SD quarter pounders, neck and bridge position only with a dummy in the middle position, the whammy bar is really large, not like the usual type found with strats..

There is no date marked on the neck butt, so, not sure why that is, :cry: ...

All original with warranty card and manual.

grecoandsquier023.jpg

cstsquierrb003.jpg

cstsquierrb005.jpg

cstsquierrb006.jpg

cstsquierrb002.jpg

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=17105 http://www.mk-guitar.com/blog/2008/10/20/pickguard-wiring-of-vintage-schecter-strat/ Nice guitar G.B. Blackmore`s pickup choice on his strats were Schecter/Anderson f500ts as fitted to Van Nuys Schecters and 70/ 80s Moons.Gabe

Well Spotted bluejeannot

They do look like Schecter Monster Tone Pickups same as those on my Wallnut Calafornian

IMG_0677.jpg

IMG_0679.jpg

IMG_0681.jpg

IMG_0682-1.jpg

Here's Tokai's take on a RB Strat - the neck is scalloped

Body.jpg

bluejeannot said:
Do the pickups on your Shecter have a bar magnet stuck to the bottom?Gabe.

Yes Gabe, they do

I'll post a photo, they all have coil taps too accessed by pulling the tone knob up.

Chris

That's one cool guitar, RB was the man that made me want to play in the start, and for a 70's style Strat that look, all white with black pickup covers, is just perfect.

Those pickups are fantastic too, tried Gabe's last weekend and it did everything from tele to Les Paul, very meaty sounds all round!!

Here's a close up of the Monstertone's in my Schecter

IMG_1897.jpg

I've also got a new old stock monstertone in it's original packaging. This one only has two core cable, so I suspect that it doesn't have coil tapping.

IMG_3090.jpg

IMG_3091.jpg

IMG_3093.jpg

Yes those are Monstertones.The pickups on my Moon and some other Schecters are F500Ts.they diiffer from Monstertones in that they have two separate stacked coils with six individual oversized alnic5 rod magnets passing through each coil rather like Duncan Quarterpounders.To coil tap, one coil is taken out of circuit leaving a single coil with due to the larger magnets a wider magnetic field than normal.This gives more of a mid range emphasis to the sound.These are I believe the pickups used by Blackmore and they were also fitted to Knopfler`s Schecter strat in the Love Over Gold era.Not that any of this matters because I know that the Monstertones are great pickups too.Gabe.

DaveWW said:
Blackmoor & Knopfler :eek: That's like matter and antimatter - JohnA will go into melt down :lol:

Does that mean I get his GT? :D

Does anyone know how these 70s Fender copies compare to a Silver Star?

Mike

Bass guitar will only for the some restricted terms have to use on the time of the sounds need really good bass. Logically this will also correct for the bass use in the sound at the British essay hq event all the time only music was played with the bass terms.

Back