• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Crews LED goldtop

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pylyo

Reaction score
For sale is my Crews LED goldtop.
These are the top of the line Japanese Les Pauls and the highest end from the Crews line of guitars, aiming at the old vintage guitars from 50's, with the best materials and the best craftsmanship and attention to details they can offer.
Their price reflects all of that, check them on Japanese sites but sit down before you actually check it, because they are sky-high.
1 piece Honduran mahogany body and neck, thick flame maple (!) cap under that gold top, Brasilian rosewood fretboard, K&T Click pickups, REAL nitro finish, amazing fretwork, bone nut, etc... just a glorious LP, you can't go better than this.
Great condition, frets are almost without any sign of usage, just tiny bit less than 4 kg.
Looks like Oscar from Doug & Pat show, I'm anal about the details and this looks almost identical, the color is hard to capture but it looks identical to Oscar. And please would you just check those fret ends.

1900€ + shipping, which is the cheapest LED in existance and absoulte bargain, located in EU.
I just recently sold a Tokai LS80 and owned Momose lesters too, this thing is next level.

DSC-0188.jpg

DSC-0174.jpg

DSC-0184.jpg

DSC-0183.jpg

IMG-6290.jpg

IMG-6292.jpg

****, if I were in the market for any kind of LP at all right now, I'd grab this. Love my Vintage line Crews Strat. Agree with you about the nice fretwork, and I think your statement about it being a notch above other high-end brands is fair. At least, it's objective in the sense of them using Braz boards and super expensive K&T pickups, and craftsmanship is unsurpassed. More subjectively, mine is also up there in terms of it being a very lively feeling piece of wood. I speak from a sample of one, but ever since I got mine, I pay special attention when other Vintage line Crews come up for sale.

WOW thats a beauty! (blue strat in the back is not bad either :wink: )

PMd

Cres LED is sold, thanks everyone for your kind words.
Also, if anyone is looking for a good telecaster, I will be selling a Momose 52 for a great price too.
It is in a player condition and was my number 1 guitar as I'm a tele guy, no need to explain how great those are.

pylyo said:
I just recently sold a Tokai LS80 and owned Momose lesters too, this thing is next level.

I thought that would sell pretty quick :D and you gotta love that Braz' board.

I own two Crews examples, a LS-O2, and a Crews NEXT 5D.
Both have the same control cavity routing, pots, and caps so, they must be from the same factory; Terada I assume.

The LS-O2 is on the lower end of the Crews line.
The NEXT 5D is a limited run of 20 examples, some with K&T NFS 'British Blues' pickups & some with K&T NFS 'Weep' pickups.
The NEXT 5D also has beefier replica tuner bushings & a replica ABR-1 non wired bridge.
Both have excellent, impressive build quality.

The only thing I could 'nit-pick' about is the neck tenon on the NEXT 5D isn't 'perfect.'
I have seen other high end Crews examples with the same 'not quite there' imperfect tenon fit.
Not sure why in this day & age they can't get the tenon fit 'dead on.'

Bacchus examples going back twenty years or more & Momose examples going back to the early/mid 2000s have the tightest fitting tenons I have ever seen.
Even the later Bacchus Classic Series examples have that super tight fitting neck tenon that Deviser seems to have nailed many years ago.

Latest posts

Back