Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rosewood Breezy Sound - advice needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Sightings & eBay Alerts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
z0mbee
Plucker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Rosewood Breezy Sound - advice needed Reply with quote

Hi all,

First post, but i have been lurking for a little while, absorbing the wealth of information

I'm a massive Beatles fan - in a tribute band, in fact - and have always loved George's rosewood Telecaster. However, the ?3,500+ tag has put me off somewhat!

I've spotted what appears to be a Tokai version in a local music store (i'm in Southend-on-Sea), for ?399. I'm going to try and bash them down to ?349 when i get some money in, as they've had it in there for months, but need to be sure that it's a real one. I've seen through the forum that there are plenty of fakes around.

I've not been able to take pictures yet (i know, i'm sorry!), but it is 100% identical to the one being sold by warnrgw in this thread.

I would assume that it is legit, judging by the responses in his thread, but am a little confused - i've seen a post elsewhere that seems to show a completely different one. The one i am looking at is labelled up as an ATE70, and has dark-coloured finish on the sides and the back of the neck. The other one i have seen had a different model number, and rosewood sides.

Is there more than one rosewood Breezy Sound? In the absence of an obvious serial number (like the one above), is there any other way to tell?

Many thanks in advance
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steer away from any that look like the one pictured midway thru this thread:

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=13585
togps
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That guitar is not all solid rosewood. It features instead a basswood body with laminated photo-rosewood on top and back...
(Remove the pick-guard; you'll see it in the PUP's cavities)

z0mbee
Plucker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Marcus, i've noticed that one on at least one website on my travels - luckily, the one i am looking at has the more usual 'Breezy Sound' decal.

Togps - thanks for pointing that out; i had no idea. Would i be right in assuming that it will just sound more like a normal Tele than a genuine rosewood one?

Also - did Tokai produce more than one rosewood (or rosewood coloured!) model? Tokaiguitar.de has one with the model number TE-200 on this page, but is that just one with a proper rosewood body, based on what togps says?
stratman323

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

togps wrote:
That guitar is not all solid rosewood. It features instead a basswood body with laminated photo-rosewood on top and back...
(Remove the pick-guard; you'll see it in the PUP's cavities)

Ah, that's interesting, I've seen a few of these described by the sellers as having ash bodies. I always wondered what they were really made of.

Mike
hunter
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is the te60 rosewood from 82-83 that is a one piece ash body colored to look rosewood.Maple neck with rosewood board

I purchased this one recently

RyanC
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, Koiz has an '81 TE200 on his site:

http://picasaweb.google.co.jp/koizguitar/1981TokaiTE200ALLROSEWOOD#

Looks interesting.

Good luck!
z0mbee
Plucker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, lots of useful info and great pics! So, i am i right in thinking that Tokai have, over time, made three distinct rosewood and rosewood-effect models?

I guess i'm just trying to make sure my money isn't wasted
Prendiville
Plucker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game and all item have been highlighted for the individuals. The commodity of the quality and perfect writer review is charged for the humans. The significance is done for the persons for the flow of the offs for the humans.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Sightings & eBay Alerts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: