1985 TLC-65 Les Paul Custom in full gold?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassman50

Reaction score
Can anyone shed light on this beast. I’ve never seen one before!
I think it looks legit (except added brass nut)..
Any info or opinions appreciated. Thanks
nG4fgBb.jpg

UDXOtZX.jpg

ADkTmFm.jpg

Xc6p0pf.jpg

7xsKFOg.jpg

E4zKXIp.jpg

Looks like a very nice '85 TLC 60 with a 5000 yen upgrade for gold finish making it a TLC65, that's my guess.

I would say the same thing the 5 makes it a upgraded paint job. I have a 1981 ST 65 strat that has a upgraded green paint job.

That's a beauty, whatever you do don't peel that 65 sticker and please don't forget to send me a message the minute you decide to sell... should that ever happen, please.

They go from very ligth to medium to heavy. I has a very ligth LC60BB from the same period, a nice guitar....

Hi all. JEM I’ll let y’all know !
The pickups are the original Seymour Duncan APH-1 Alnico Pro II models. Note that these are not the Slash Duncans. I've overhauled most of the electronics. I didn't want to replace the pots with new ones, and the stock ones are still working without any issues, so only cleaned them up and re-soldered them. I've turned the two original tone knobs into "No-Load" tone pots, which means that when the tone knobs are in the 10 position, it overrides the tone circuits completely, and acts as if its wired with just a 2 volume setup. I've replaced the capacitors with Orange Drop capacitors, so there is a massive tonal change when you dial the tone knobs down.
Cheers big ears

Latest posts

Back