Cherry 1980 Greco SA900

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Places like that normally sell the guitars to anywhere in the world. Then are just a 3rd party seller. The items are usually for sale in Japan only. Or some times for sale in Japan but selling worldwide. Say they are $1000 in Japan from the original seller. Then the guy on Ebay sells it for $1900 but does not have the item in hand. When someone buys it from him on Ebay he buys it from the seller in Japan for $1000 and sells it to you for a $900 profit. So this is why they just end items like that. Or why you may purchase it from him then he says he no longer has it.

Anyways, I bet that Greco is probably poly. You can get a nitro Tokai 335 for probably the same price or a bit less. IMO the Tokai 335 would be much much better than the Greco. You can also get a New ish (2000+) History (Fujigen made) 335 type guitar for in the range of $400 to $1800 or so depending on the model. This would also probably be as good or better than the Greco you were looking at. I have a 2004 History ZSA-CFS/LBS that I paid about $500 or so for that is a great 335 guitar. Made by Fujigen. It is a Poly finish. If you want to pay more you can get a nitro one. They are really good guitars. You can check buyee.jp to get a good deal. Check all their sites under buyee yahoo japan, rakuten, yahoo shopping sometimes.

The ZSA-CFS/LBS model is the 335 model Fujigen was making for Epiphone in the early 2000s. They only made it for a few months. Gibson got mad because there were at the time making them better that the USA made Gibson 335s. So, Gibson stopped using Fujigen to manufacture the Epiphones.

I'm sure it sold a long time ago but I figure it's so rare that someone may know where it went. I can't believe I let it go.

Places like that normally sell the guitars to anywhere in the world. Then are just a 3rd party seller. The items are usually for sale in Japan only. Or some times for sale in Japan but selling worldwide. Say they are $1000 in Japan from the original seller. Then the guy on Ebay sells it for $1900 but does not have the item in hand. When someone buys it from him on Ebay he buys it from the seller in Japan for $1000 and sells it to you for a $900 profit. So this is why they just end items like that. Or why you may purchase it from him then he says he no longer has it.

Anyways, I bet that Greco is probably poly. You can get a nitro Tokai 335 for probably the same price or a bit less. IMO the Tokai 335 would be much much better than the Greco. You can also get a New ish (2000+) History (Fujigen made) 335 type guitar for in the range of $400 to $1800 or so depending on the model. This would also probably be as good or better than the Greco you were looking at. I have a 2004 History ZSA-CFS/LBS that I paid about $500 or so for that is a great 335 guitar. Made by Fujigen. It is a Poly finish. If you want to pay more you can get a nitro one. They are really good guitars. You can check buyee.jp to get a good deal. Check all their sites under buyee yahoo japan, rakuten, yahoo shopping sometimes.

The ZSA-CFS/LBS model is the 335 model Fujigen was making for Epiphone in the early 2000s. They only made it for a few months. Gibson got mad because there were at the time making them better that the USA made Gibson 335s. So, Gibson stopped using Fujigen to manufacture the Epiphones.
Thanks a lot for the info, especially for "buyee"

Latest posts

Back