• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD: 1981 Tokai ES-100

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pegcityrocker

Reaction score
Selling my 1981 Tokai ES-100. This is a real nice example of the golden era of Tokai's craftsmanship. Beautiful maple top that has some light birdseye
which doesn't really show very well in my poor pictures. Looks much better in person. The guitar itself is in really nice condition and it comes with the original hardshell case that fits like a glove and the original warranty card that contains the serial number and model number to confirm her identity. Also comes with the original truss rod tool. She also has the "100" sticker still on the back of the headstock. The guitar is all original. I recently purchased this guitar from Sonic Systems (Sonix) in Japan from an employee who worked at the Tokai factory in the early 80's. He set this guitar up really nicely. It has great playability with low action and great intonation. She plays alike a champ and sounds amazing. The back of the neck is nice and clean which is a big bonus. Original fret edge binding still intact. I thought I would give a 335 type guitar a try but I find I'm strictly a Les Paul and Tele kind of guy. That being said, I will not be heartbroken if she doesn't sell.

Fabulous... have one just like it. Like mine, yours is the ES110 J(azz) model. Good luck with the sale....someone will be very happy with it.

The depth at the 1st and 12th fret is consistent with the average 1959 Les Paul neck as recorded in The Beauty of the Burst. So it's not huge but it's a nice round profile.

Back