• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB: Bacchus BST62 vintage series strat

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pylyo

Reaction score
Looking for a vintage series strat with ash body and rosewood board.
But hit me with others too.
I’m EU based.

Tnx!

you will be hard pressed to locate a Vintage Series example with the ash body/rosewood 'board combo.

They do exist but they are IMO very rare to pop up.

There was recently one on YJ that had a warranty card with it; a model I have never seen before.
It was a white blonde ash body w/slab rosewood 'board & it looked mint.

There was a web site in Australia that used to have a BST-120 (as listed on page 18 in the 1998 catalog) but the web site is currently dormant with nothing posted.

Good luck

EDIT:
I didn't really notice your thread title until just now; I was looking at your OP verbiage.

As far as the thread title Bacchus BST62 vintage series strat I can say with strong confidence that I know of no BST-62 examples with an ash body.
Every one I have owned have a 2 piece/center seam alder body.

If there are any examples of a BST-62 from the Vintage Series era with an ash body, I have never heard of this.

There is an old saying though: anything is possible.

I have an Seymour Duncan DS100 for sale--
beautiful guitar and on the same level (had a bacchus, too)
https://www.ebay.de/itm/Seymour-Duncan-Traditional-Stratocaster-DS100-Japan-ESP-3-1-KG/173683564542?hash=item287058dffe:g:UaEAAOSwe~lcDVnj:rk:1:pf:1

Thanks Lumi, I will stick with Bacchus for the moment (and sorry I dropped on that other yellow BST you were selling)..

@ guitar hiro: there are BST62 with ash and rosewood, I had one and missed on one last year, it was in vintage white.
Do you have any links of that one from YJ?

pylyo said:
@ guitar hiro: there are BST62 with ash and rosewood, I had one and missed on one last year, it was in vintage white.
Do you have any links of that one from YJ?

well, you have seen something that I have never seen, nor heard of so, if that's the case you should have kept that extremely rare animal.

the one that was on YJ with the ash body/rosewood 'board was listed for at least 3 weeks & then it finally vanished.
Don't know if it was sold, or if the seller just pulled the listing.
The model name on the warranty card was stamped BSJ SPORT WBD.
I have never heard of a BSJ & I never bid because I have more Strats than I have fingers. :lol: :lol:

I just did a quick Google search and located the BSJ SPORT WBD on Jauce

https://www.jauce.com/auction/f303144307

It looks like brand new 8)

Yet another example of WHY I like the Deviser brand so much.
They have made so many small batches of guitars here & there that they are hard to keep track of & many are quite rare.

Oh wow, never heard of this sport thing, looks like an average vintage series, which probably is.

And it looks like there was one bid and it was sold.. if you know for any thing like that, I would gladly take it.
Thanks!

I have a lovely bacchus strat for sale http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=24642
However its 64 not 62.

Latest posts

Back