Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"This Forum"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAMAMATSU
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject: "This Forum" Reply with quote

thank you so much for this fantastic forum ned! this is absolutely the best japanese guitar forum! anyway, i was once here before about a decade ago and this forum used to be so active and so much fun. now i am back here and what i see is that nobody is really writing anymore. people are still reading but not writing. what happened? where everyone has gone? this forum is absolutely the best and the informations here has are so genuine and precious even the japanese dont have equally. if we lose here then we will never know about the japanese guitars deeply ever again. this forum is so important for the guitar world! so please come back here again everyone and write again. really hope it will be back again like it used to be. again, thank you so much for this forum ned. being very patient and generous over the years. please the god bless tokai forum. please! joey hamamatsu.
wulfman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Joey,

I think some of the action has moved to different places like facebook groups. I do like to check in here a couple of times a week and the archives here were a great education in Japanese guitars.

I'm now in Tokyo so am looking forward to meeting some of the members in Japan sometime.

Cheers!
felixcatus
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: "This Forum" Reply with quote

HAMAMATSU wrote:
i was once here before about a decade ago and this forum used to be so active and so much fun. now i am back here and what i see is that nobody is really writing anymore. people are still reading but not writing. what happened? where everyone has gone? .

I think/noticed the main reason for the 'drop' was after some members disagreeing/questioning forum policies & instructions, some were banned, some voluntary stayed away.
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I joined back in 2002 - like Harold said, long before Facebook and other social media. Now there is so much information everywhere......

Also, the popularity of MIJ guitars has exploded over the last 15 years. And so have prices for that same reason. I've also noticed that the availability of great MIJ guitars has diminished - probably due to people keeping the guitars. Myself included - I'm not selling them because I want to make money over what I paid for them. I'm keeping them because I'm playing them and could probably never replace them again - at any cost.

Still a good forum. Like any relationship, it has matured and evolved.
felixcatus
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wulfman wrote:

I think some of the action has moved to different places like facebook groups. I do like to check in here a couple of times a week and the archives here were a great education in Japanese guitars.

marcusnieman wrote:
I joined back in 2002 - like Harold said, long before Facebook and other social media. Now there is so much information everywhere......

I also still see (among which a 'former' frequent poster making) 'same old' lively Tokai/MIJ conversations on other guitar specific fora, could have been held here.
HAMAMATSU
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i28UEoLXVFQ

we dont know what we got til its gone .....
HAMAMATSU
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please come back here everyone !!!!!
t.olsen
Power chords are my friend

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the longtime members are tired to explain the same things over and over again ? I mean the search functionn seems to be not very popular and instead of using it and the registry it seems to me that almost every newbie is asking the same questions.Might be a reason but the huge amount of informations available in those days everywhere is one too for sure.
guitar hiro
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: "This Forum" Reply with quote

HAMAMATSU wrote:
thank you so much for this fantastic forum ned! this is absolutely the best japanese guitar forum! anyway, i was once here before about a decade ago and this forum used to be so active and so much fun. now i am back here and what i see is that nobody is really writing anymore. people are still reading but not writing. what happened? where everyone has gone? this forum is absolutely the best and the informations here has are so genuine and precious even the japanese dont have equally. if we lose here then we will never know about the japanese guitars deeply ever again. this forum is so important for the guitar world! so please come back here again everyone and write again. really hope it will be back again like it used to be. again, thank you so much for this forum ned. being very patient and generous over the years. please the god bless tokai forum. please! joey hamamatsu.

I agree Ned is to be commended for not only his creation of the Tokai Forum but also for his continued support of this great community.
Maintaining a forum is time consuming & it costs real money too.
Many forums do ask for contributions to support their operations.
I don't ever recall Ned asking for donations for the TF & that in itself says a lot about Ned, IMO.

IMO utilizing the search function here at the TF holds great potential for uncovering hidden gems of MIJ info.
The TF is a great resource for MIJ information but many are too lazy to make the attempt.

Many online forums have experienced lower traffic volumes over the years; that is what online communities do & the TF is no different.

Thanks to Ned, many are still here
ned
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, really appreciate it!!!!
Porsche 911 Racing
javelin70
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I joined in 2001, been away for a number of years but I'm back now . I still have my Tokais, the first one I bought new in 1984. It's a Love Rock TLS-50 GT. The latest one I bought last week, it's an SG-60 from ~1990.

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: