MIJ Serial Number

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wademp

Reaction score
Hello, all! This is my first post here, and I’m hoping that someone can help with a question that I have.

I’m looking at a Tokai LS-85-S (Goldtop/P90s) and it all looks really good, except there doesn’t seem to be a serial number stamped in the back of the headstock.
The “made in Japan” decal looks right and is in the right spot, but not seeing the serial number scares me that it could be fake.
Has Tokai Japan ever not stamped the serial number in?

Thanks in advance!

I've got a Breezysound that has no serial number but it does have the "Made In Japan" so it has happened.

We would need pictures to know 100%

Thank you all!
I actually got detailed photos from the seller and the serial number is stamped in, it just didn’t show up on that photo at all.
I think that I’m going to go for it. I love Goldtops with P90s, and I’m a bit fed up with the general quality of the last few Gibson’s that I owned.
Fingers crossed that this is a good one!

Let us know when you get it !!

I agree there is nothing quite like a P-90 GT. I've always wanted one myself.

I could actually see that it all looks really great, except there doesn’t seem to be a serial number stamped in the back of the head-stock.

Back