FGN Expert clear coat job

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aroomstudios

Reaction score
I got a FGN expert a few months ago. I bought a few other FGN/Fujigen guitars beofore. They are such great guitars. I heard people talking about the expert as the one you gotta get. For some reason the clear coat ones only come in stupid 80's colors bright Blue, orange, pink etc. I got the matte black one and had my guitar techs finish guy put a clear coat of nitro on it. It looks great now and does not have that sticky matte feeling to it.

Before
10cqmop.jpg

After
2387lv.jpg

Had a matte finish 335. Funny thing about them - where your picking arm rests on the body, the rub wear actually polishes the matte to a gloss finish. Looks kind of cool.

I have a ESP guitar that is matte finish. One of those Camo SG type ones. I never liked that guitar but never sold it. Anyways, there is a build up of dirt where you put your hand/palm on the guitar from years of use. One bad thing about matte. Once of the reasons I clear coated this guitar.

Latest posts

Back