• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Tokai Cats Eyes CE-2000 on YJ

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aroomstudios

Reaction score
I have one of these exact same models though mine is a 1981. Mines does not have the original case like this one does. Fantastic guitar. If I did not have this guitar already I would buy it.

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/r276748551?conversionType=search_suggest

I have owned a few Cats Eyes examples & they are nice but my vote goes to the higher end K. Yairi YW models from the late 70s, very early 80s.

For the $$$ & for the detail of replication the higher grade YWs are IMO the best bang for the buck in MIJ Martin D style.

My fave is my 1979 YW I have had for nearly 20 years: Spruce top, Jacaranda back & sides, Ebony 'board & bridge, 'Hog neck, tons of MOP & Abalone and it's all in the correct locations.

I have had several local Martin owners try & pry it from my grubby mits; not gonna happen :lol:

The CE-2000 on YJ just jumped in price since I posted it. It was $100 when I posted it now $600 and still going up maybe. I paid about $500 or so with shipping for my CE-2000t a few years ago (not sure if the one on YJ is a t). So, it was a really good deal. It was local about 4 hours away.

As for those K. Yairi YW I see a bunch of them around. I really do not need anymore acoustic guitars right now. I have the ce-2000t I have which is a smaller I think they call it a concert size guitar then a large dreadnought sized CE-500 and a Cordoba classical guitar made in Spain. Since I got the 2000t I do not really use the dreadnought anymore. The smaller concert sized guitar IMO just wins in every way over the larger dreadnought sized guitars no matter the manufacturer.

Do they make the K. Yairi YW guitars in the smaller concert size? I just spent about 5 minutes looking around on Ebay and Reverb and only saw dreadnought sized ones. Actually, I think I did see one smaller one but not sure. It was a cheaper veneer acoustic though.

The CE 2000t I have is a smaller size. Copy of a Martin 00041

I think you are right about the YJ one I posted. Dread size. I just saw the 2000 and figured it was the same as mine. Now that I take a look at it it is defiantly dread size. I guess that is the difference from the t model. From a old Cats eyes catalog

http://brochures.yokochou.com/anex01/acoustic-guitar/tokai/1980/3.html

Back