1984 greco js650...low end greco?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

impetustheimpaler

Reaction score
hi, im looking at either the 1984 js550 or js650 and wondering if they are sort of lower end for the grecos? is the edwards john sykes model any good? sorry i dont know anything about these guitars...is there a way to figure out the models from the serial number? im also looking at a 1987 greco egc68-50 that looks just like the js650 besides the mirror pickguard...what would be a good deal on one of these guitars? thanks so much for the help!!!

I have 2 lower end Greco customs. Both mint collection Fujigen. I highly recommend them myself. Great if you like a rosewood board. Usually can be found for a good deal as well because they are not "perfect" Customs. Great mod platforms too.

9r4vsy.jpg

I've a 1984 JS-550 and even though they're the bottom end of the Mint Collections there's pretty much no difference between them and the higher end LPC's other than hardware like pups etc as far as I can see. I've a few other fujigen even the top of the range Orville 57B and they haven't cut any corners with the lower end Mint Collection LPC models but as they're basically CNC'd you wouldn't expect there to be much difference.

Unless you're after an ebony board or some of the higher end pups they're great guitars like brokentoes says, certainly on a par with the Orvillles, MIJ Epiphones and Burny's I've had.

Latest posts

Back