How common are Tokai double cut Juniors?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
iam said:
marcusnieman said:
iam said:
You know you can order one directly from Tokai right? www.theguitarshop.jp ;)

I don't see a double cut junior on their website or in the catalog they show. Would it be a custom order build?

It can be. Or check with Gottfried of this forum if he has any on order?

Actually, Gottfried was kind enough to check in directly with me when he saw my post looking for a Junior. He didn't have any currently but did show me a nice TV Yellow double cut Special.

In response to the comments further up the thread about the limitations of a Junior, that's exactly what I was after - a stripped down, one pickup, one volume one tone Junior. I already have a great Greco SG Junior. Wanted one with more wood - I've had several Edwards doublecuts and I've regretted selling everyone of them to finance other purchases.

I love the wide, flat 12" radius necks - extremely comfortable to me and they are perfect for playing slide guitar without have to tilt or angle the slide to compensate for a more peaked radius like a 7.25".

I'm a strat guy too - don't get me wrong on that. It's what I learned to play on and my go to guitar. Nothing sounds or plays like I strat. I was just after a stripped down "rat rod" of a guitar and I love the Revelator Junior. It's snarly, beefy and sounds like no other guitar I have. Like any guitar, one nuance of tone is found by where you pick or strum it - closer to the neck or closer to the bridge. Juniors are very responsive in this regard and mine is very resonant too - rings for days.

Thanks for all your input guys - sure appreciate it. I did find another 2006 Edwards doublecut in a hard to find cherry finish. Of course I bought it. Light as a feather and just a treat to play too. 8)

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOKAI-LES-PAUL-JUNIOR-RETROSPEC-Very-rare-London-or-Loughborough/153073607586?hash=item23a3e5e3a2%3Ag%3AxYoAAOSw5RJa3gg1&_pgn=2&_sacat=3858&_nkw=tokai&_from=R40&rt=nc

Spotted this one on eBay.co.uk

iam said:
https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOKAI-LES-PAUL-JUNIOR-RETROSPEC-Very-rare-London-or-Loughborough/153073607586?hash=item23a3e5e3a2%3Ag%3AxYoAAOSw5RJa3gg1&_pgn=2&_sacat=3858&_nkw=tokai&_from=R40&rt=nc

Spotted this one on eBay.co.uk

Nice.... looks straight except for the bridge and knobs. I remember seeing something about the Retrospec issue guitars.

Latest posts

Back