• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: Tokai M2001 M.A.T. Strat, all carbon, 1987

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrettyBlue1

Reaction score
Here's the 3rd and last carbonized one that I am selling: Tokai M2001, 1987. Built using a new material called 'Tokai Graphtech', as Tokai advertised back then. Excellent condition, near mint. Had it since 2001 or so, has been stored ever since, may now go.

The M2001 was one of the top of the line M.A.T. guitars, using solely carbon fibre for body and neck, whereas other M.A.T. models used fiber glass or 'plain' wood for the body. Hard to imagine, that all this exciting modern stuff hit the world already over 30 years ago.

Carbon fiber body and neck, ebony fretboard. All original and complete. A perfect addition for any Tokai collection. Asking € 1250 (or $ 1325, or GBP 1000) ex shipping, but I am open for fair and decent offers.

Here's the link for some hi res images:
https://www.louder.com/de/offer/2472-tokai-m2001-mat-strat

In case you'd like to get images by email: [email protected]

Hey
The model shown in the pics is an M2002, not an M2001.
M2001 had 3 x EMG Single coil size active pickups
The M2002 has 2 x EMG Humbucker - although yours appear to be changed to a regular set of humbuckers.
On the active pickups the Volume knob pulls up to single coil the sound.
I owned the only M2002 in Australia in 1986 so i am familiar with this guitar.
Do you still have the original electrics??

regards
Peter Mac

Latest posts

Back