Bacchus Live Road - is it MIJ?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnARN

Reaction score
I like the look of this model, how can I know it is MIJ? In particular, the truss rod cover has been replaced? Listed here:

https://topshelfinstruments.com.au/products/used-bacchus-les-paul-joe-perry-signature-black-burst

If anyone has an opinion on this Bacchus as well that would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
John.

I have 2 non serial Bacchus and that one does look the part, mainly the wear/fog on the headstock is just like my oil stain SG. Forum member wulfman has more knowledge on these guitars than I. It's got its original trussrod cover and tuners listed in the ad as a bonus.

It is MIJ and is modelled on the Joe Perry(Aerosmith) LP signature model he had. Solid flame maple apparently.

I have seen several of these Bacchus JP examples over a period of years but never had an example in my hands; not my cup-O-tea

IMO certainly MIJ, mid to late 1990s/I would say circa 1996 to 1997

I have owned other Bacchus examples from the era with the Live Road Model logo, and without the serial number.
These are typically BLS-95 examples; off-set tenon similar to Tokai, with a medium tenon length (ends at the same distance as the fingerboard)

The big clue is the bridge :wink: which all BLS-95 level I have seen come factory equipped with this type of wider bridge.

Latest posts

Back