Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bacchus Live Road - is it MIJ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Bacchus/Momose/Deviser
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnARN
Plucker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:17 am    Post subject: Bacchus Live Road - is it MIJ? Reply with quote

I like the look of this model, how can I know it is MIJ? In particular, the truss rod cover has been replaced? Listed here:

https://topshelfinstruments.com.au/products/used-bacchus-les-paul-joe-perry-signature-black-burst

If anyone has an opinion on this Bacchus as well that would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
John.
brokentoes
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 2 non serial Bacchus and that one does look the part, mainly the wear/fog on the headstock is just like my oil stain SG. Forum member wulfman has more knowledge on these guitars than I. It's got its original trussrod cover and tuners listed in the ad as a bonus.
wulfman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is MIJ and is modelled on the Joe Perry(Aerosmith) LP signature model he had. Solid flame maple apparently.
guitar hiro
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen several of these Bacchus JP examples over a period of years but never had an example in my hands; not my cup-O-tea

IMO certainly MIJ, mid to late 1990s/I would say circa 1996 to 1997

I have owned other Bacchus examples from the era with the Live Road Model logo, and without the serial number.
These are typically BLS-95 examples; off-set tenon similar to Tokai, with a medium tenon length (ends at the same distance as the fingerboard)

The big clue is the bridge which all BLS-95 level I have seen come factory equipped with this type of wider bridge.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Bacchus/Momose/Deviser All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: