Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bacchus LP Junior Double Cut

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Bacchus/Momose/Deviser
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject: Bacchus LP Junior Double Cut Reply with quote

I know they're rare as hen's teeth but I'm going to try anyway. Anyone out there with one they care to part with? I'm interested.
guitar hiro
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Marcus, you know me & we are all cool but you also know that Bacchus 2 cut Jrs. are non existant; even 1 cut Bacchus Jrs. are pretty much the rarest of MIJ

the great thing about MIJ is that Deviser & Bacchus have produced some of the best Fender & Gibson copies/replicas, yet most folks STILL have no idea how good these guitars really are

U will B looking a very long time for either; sleeper guitars, sleepers

actually, pretty much anything Deviser is a 'sleeper' because it seems most folks interested in MIJ are interested in 'old' MIJ, which is their loss and their ignorance
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're absolutely right about that. I shall continue the hunt though - either that or start playing the lottery where my odds are far better at a million to one! I just pulled the trigger on a white single cut Burny (Rock n Roll era) Junior in great shape. Will have it later this week.

guitar hiro
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Marcus, I sold my Bacchus BLJ-59V CR (Double Cut LP Jr.), serial # range 100***, nearly three years ago.
It was a great guitar with a 1 piece body but the neck thickness was not my cup-O-tea; too thin, like a Strat really
If it would have had a nice, chunky neck like a Jr. is known for, I would most likely have kept it.
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of the Bacchus' I've hand and still have, came with fairly chunky necks. I had a Classic Series Les Paul that had a huge neck - like a 58. It was too big for me and I sold it. That's the problem with buying a guitar without playing it first - you get your hopes up that it's just what you're looking for and then find out it isn't. That's a real bummer.

I don't recall if there was a DC Junior in the Classic Series - I know they were available in the earlier Live Road series.
guitar hiro
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusnieman wrote:
All of the Bacchus' I've hand and still have, came with fairly chunky necks. I had a Classic Series Les Paul that had a huge neck - like a 58. It was too big for me and I sold it. That's the problem with buying a guitar without playing it first - you get your hopes up that it's just what you're looking for and then find out it isn't. That's a real bummer.

I don't recall if there was a DC Junior in the Classic Series - I know they were available in the earlier Live Road series.

from my experience there is certainly a (typical) difference in neck thickness for Bacchus examples for their Gibson style guitars. This difference is quite noticeable comparing the 100*** examples to the 102*** examples.

This correlates in a time frame of Bacchus production that transitioned from BLS-120 examples as being their top level LP STD type, to the BLS-59 being their next top level LP STD type.

Comparing examples within the above serial # range I have documented increase of neck thickness in a range of .025" to .050", 1 mm to 2 mm, and some examples even more.
IMO that is quite a difference, especially when you play the examples and can feel the difference, when playing.

My BLJ-59V CR was .850" at the 1st fret. If it would have been a minimum 1 mm thicker at fret 1 it would potentially been a keeper, for me. If it would have been 2 mm thicker at fret 1, I most likely would still have it.
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank's for that!

My Burny LP Jr single cut just arrived. GORGEOUS aged white finish - almost cream in color.

But alas, it's got a thin 60's neck profile - too small for me. Neck width is fine but there is no meat on the backside to fill my palm. I'm really bummed because I sooooo wanted this one to be the one.
guitar hiro
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's nearly always a crap shoot for neck thickness; why?

the greatest majority of those that will sell a guitar won't go the extra mile to actually offer a potential buyer very specific neck thickness measurements.

I measure my necks like the BOTB does, at the 1st & 11th frets so, if I pass along a guitar to a new owner they know before they buy.

the typical thing in guitardom, or as it should more appropriately be describe, 'guitardumb' are common descriptors like thin, thick, medium, 58, 59, 60, etc., which in reality don't mean much at all.
guitar hiro
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Marcus, I PMed you with another option
brokentoes
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know they were that rare... i have one in a mint/cream white. Bought it off fellow forum member wulfman here in Canada. If i ever need to get rid of it you've got dibs. Here's one of his pictures from the ad.

marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's it!! Fantastic.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Bacchus/Momose/Deviser All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: