Tokai TTE50 2015

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillTrantos

Reaction score
Hello guys, I’m new in this forum and I would like to get your feedback and knowledge on this particular model.

I bought it from a guitar store online because it was a very good opportunity to pass on and I can’t find many specs online.

Most guys here say that the neck is 7.25 but in many sites selling the new TT50s are saying that the radius is 24.1cm which is 9.5 in inches.

Do the newer ones made in Japan have different specs? Here is a picture of the guitar with it’s cerificate, I can send you more if it helps.

http://imgur.com/a/QI7VqIP

Nice looking guitar.
Is it Japanese?
My way of measuring fretboard radius is simple - use a protractor or ruler to draw a circle (part of a circle) on a piece of paper. Alternatively, use a piece of string 9.5" long and use it draw a part circle.
Cut the piece of paper to use as a template to check what radius you have.
My guess is it will be 9.5".

Thank you, I'm very happy with the deal I found, I was always a Tokai fan but never had the chance to own a guitar from them!

Yes, the guitar is made in Japan in 2015. I'll try to measure it myself when it arrives, I hope it's 9.5 because 7.25 is a ***** to play! :D

Here is a pics of two of my Tokais one with a 7.25 radius and one with a 9.5 radius. They are pretty easy to tell by just eyeballing them. The 7.25 (v neck) guitar is from 1980 and 9.5 is 2017.

7.25 Radius
1fbku1.jpg

9.5 Radius

2ivcfmr.jpg

Back