Crews Maniac Sound KTR NEXT 5D

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to read this. At least the guitar you have is a good one and you want to keep it.

I don't know why companies would do that. They only get away with it once and they have lost a potential future customer in yourself and not only that, in the age of the Internet they have accrued a bad reputation.
That's a crazy way to expect to stay in business!

Enjoy the guitar and just put it behind you.

the Crews KEY KTR NEXT 5D has turned out to be one of my favorite LPs :) even with the extra 'fat girl' weight :eek:

I like it so much I ended up buying a Crews KEY KTR gold top :lol: which is supposed to also have a '58 type neck so, we shall see

Crews KEY KTR gold top cleared US Customs in 2:32 today, on a Saturday :eek:

not even three hours in Customs & they slide that puppy on through, and on a weekend :D

:p

Some news from Crews maniac sound...

All KTR Les Paul are hollow body or pointed body and a lot of specs on Musicland site are wrong. For example standard series use standard wood and not special wood like "south american 30 years air driyng".

Only Led series (not sell through Musicland) are solid body (with brasilian/honduras) and cost near 500k, so the same price of new Gibson custom shop. :wink:

Probably the great success of this guitar depends from his pickups.

Marco78 said:

All KTR Les Paul are hollow body or pointed body and a lot of specs on Musicland site are wrong. For example standard series use standard wood and not special wood like "south american 30 years air driyng".

Only Led series (not sell through Musicland) are solid body (with brasilian/honduras) and cost near 500k, so the same price of new Gibson custom shop. :wink:

sorry but what is 'pointed body'? never heard that one but then I'm like 19 years old

guitar hiro said:
Marco78 said:

sorry but what is 'pointed body'? never heard that one but then I'm like 19 years old

In the Gibson Les Paul there are two type of hollow body (weight relieved and chambered) and KTR too is the same. Pointed body I think that is the 7-8 little hole in the wood (weight relieved) while hollow body are chambered.

The first Crews KTR were Terada made according to them.
My mainly drawback to me was they don't have FEB which is a must on such a high money asked.

I know a guy in Tarrant County, Texas that has some old, vintage Gibsons; some more memorable examples are a '58 Flying V & a '58 Explorer.
Neither one has fret binding 8)

You are mixing apples and oranges.
I am not talking about good guitars BUT EXPENSIVE Les Pauls. HIGH END Les Paul should have all the LP appointments and one is fret edge binding (among others).

And just remember those Flying V, Explorers and Futuras were experiments, oddball guitars with odd shapes and korina (limba) wood not so common and cheap at that time. That is the reason so few were made

ES-335s have no fret edge binding too....

Regular 50s model Tokai ES are modeleld after do not. ES350s yes they do.

Latest posts

Back