Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What model Love Rock is this?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pdxbmw
Plucker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:36 pm    Post subject: What model Love Rock is this? Reply with quote

Hello. First time poster. I recently found and bought what I believe is a 1985 Love Rock. Serial number is 5025284. As you can see in the pictures it has the dimple. The bridge and tailpiece have been upgraded to gotoh. It still has the circuit board. Veneer flame top, but it the maple underneath is flatsawn and from what I can see is one piece. The back is a three piece and the neck is a one piece. Amazing neck. While I have played to many Les Paul's, this one makes music, no need to coax any tone out of it, it does it on its own. So is it an ALS-60? weighs in at 8lbs 7 ounces and has my personal favorite brown sunburst. It looks to have had a neck repair too, but considering the price I paid, it was quite easy to look past the repair. I've scoured through online colors and researched it, but the three piece back and the maple cap are throwing me for a loop. Thanks for the help.

My fingers are on the seams.

Harima_San
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it could be an als, but it also could be a LS. Also, the post 2000 models tend to have very conventional trussrod covers, this one has a styled form form. I just checked the old catalogue and found this form of Trussrod cover on 1985 Ls's and ALS's... we understand each other, there are other years around of that that used the same type of trussrod cover.

The veneer top and the unbrainded PU cable gives also a clue in direction of a basic version. I'm curious too of what it could be in the end.
brokentoes
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what the model number is myself but couldn't the top be a 3 (+) piece under the veneer ?? Probably more likely than a one piece top, anything is possible though.

Nice axe nonetheless. "85 was a transitional year with specs being all over the map.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: