Jazz Sound new vs early 80's

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aroomstudios

Reaction score
I have a few brand new Tokai guitars and some old 80's guitars. The early 80's stuff is great. I have a few LS80 Les Pauls from then. Then the newer 2017+ I have some Fender type guitars/basses. The new stuff is some of it has SEB. Look that up of Tokai's site if you do not know what it is.

My question is how good is the old stuff? Especially the high end models. I can get a brand new top of the line Tokai with SEB and a nitro finish with case shipped to me for about $1,500 USD. A used JB120 from the 80's is about the same price. Anyone have any experience with the high end old stuff? I was planning on ordering a new one from Tokai but now I am thinking about a vintage one instead.

I have JB120 JB80 JB60 and also i have tried new MIJ tokai with SEB body.
Get the old lawsuit Jazz sound whatever it is JB45 or JB120, these lawsuit era tokai are truly vintage sounding basses. Better than any fender that i've played before.
New MIJ tokai has a clean&clear sound which you could easily found on any newly built Jazz Basses. Nothing impressed with SEB construction.
Recently, i got a AJB106 jazz bass from Tokai and it sounds awesome. I brought it to the Music Expo and check this video, recorded by phone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7nlJuphiho

Latest posts

Back