Got My First INKIE LS

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitar hiro

Tokai Supporter
Reaction score
I have owned several Tokai LS examples over the years to include LS-320 but just recently received my first 'inkie' example.
This one is a LS-50, I believe a 1980 example as the serial number is 010**** which from what I have read the 010 designates a 1980 example.
This one does have the two dowel tenon & the routing is a bit different than non inkies.
So far I'm pretty impressed with the quality of the guitar which is a bit surprising.
Bonus points = all original & very good condition, nice chunky neck, OS color finish top, and came with a nearly 40 year old Tokai Les Paul Reborn case in very nice condition :)
Now I am no longer an 'inkie' virgin :lol:

I have a very similar inky too. Same year and specs.
Wonderful guitar.
I get along with it better than my 1979 LS100.

Does yours have double ring tuners?

Loudmouse said:
I have a very similar inky too. Same year and specs.
Wonderful guitar.
I get along with it better than my 1979 LS100.

Does yours have double ring tuners?

isn't that weird how a LS-50 can compete with a LS-100? I like it 8)

Mine has the single ring tuners so, I suspect not from the earliest run of inkies

i just changed all my site hosting from photobucket to flikr, was a nightmare job, but I was getting complaints from clients about the incessant ads on PB... its really really bad now.. whereasflickr is clean and fast..

villager said:
i just changed all my site hosting from photobucket to flikr, was a nightmare job, but I was getting complaints from clients about the incessant ads on PB... its really really bad now.. whereasflickr is clean and fast..

the "nightmare" part is exactly why I haven't done it; way too much work

guitar hiro said:
villager said:

the "nightmare" part is exactly why I haven't done it; way too much work

Likewise. Photobucket blows now - need to do something.

guitar hiro said:
isn't that weird how a LS-50 can compete with a LS-100? I like it 8)

Yeah, the LS100 is a great guitar with way better specs but the neck on mine is much chunkier than the inky. I prefer the slim neck.

Inkies are lesser quality than Hamamatsu ones. i prefer second ones, my LS50 was a great guitar with a 3'7 kgs.

Inkies are lesser quality than Hamamatsu ones. i prefer second ones, my LS50 was a great guitar with a 3'7 kgs.

Less quality?

I prefer inkies; why?
The inkie examples I have had in hand typically have thicker necks than the embossed serial #/regular production examples.

Latest posts

Back