Greco no serials

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think many Greco Clear Sound Project semi-hollowbodies from the early 1990s are probably Tokai manufactured. My 1991 ES-335 copy seem to fit the descriptions mentioned. It has GOTOH pickups (HB-GBT) in both neck and bridge positions that I think Tokai used, but I can find absolutely ZERO manufacturer information on. Neck pcikup cavity routing looks Tokai.

FB

Hi guys, I read the whole topic and am impressed with your knowledge.
Can you guys tell me anything about that guitar:
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350249184795&_trksid=p2759.l1259
I haven't seen a lot of goldtops before and I find this one gorgeous.
(I just bought it)

That ones is Tokai made,you can tell by the pickup routing the shape of the neck tenon and the offset to the left position of the neck joint.
Looks very nice, i just love Gold Tops.... :D

Mick

Thanks a lot Mick for your expertise!
I should receive that guitar tomorrow.
Should be a fine guitar yes? :)

I received it and wow!!!
It's my first greco LP and I can't believe how well built it is.
I bought a Gibson Lp standard once and brought it back to the shop after 4 months. It was gorgeous but rubbish.
I didn't try this one on an amp yet but acoustically it rings.
Well that's it...I'm very very happy.

hi
i got a white egc 75 ..... and the pick look like screaming 1982 ,,,, the have ceramic magnets ,,, a very good guitar ,,,, feb and long tenor ,,,
and has aged very nice :D :D with yellow bindings
and i got it cheap too ,,,, so i am very pleased with it ... but i am going to change the neck pickup ,,, to muddy for my taste
all the best
otto

don't have the 1989 catalog but looking at the 1990 catalog I'd say screaming pups & poly finish

Latest posts

Back