Help identifying the model of my tokai love rock please

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You really need to look at the top of bottom of the guitar to see if there are any seems. That is where you would easily see them. What about the knobs cavity? What does it look like in there? Does it has orange drop caps?

201252a.jpg

Can you see if the 3 way switch says switchcraft? It is really hard to see. No orange drop caps.

2007-2009 Catalog Volume 23. (I think this is 2007-2009 that is what the internet says)
http://s183.photobucket.com/user/stratman323/library/Tokai%20catalogue%20Vol%2023?sort=3&page=1

Checkout LS135 I would say it is this one but no orange drop caps. Could be ls92 but since that one does not say one piece back. It is probably multi piece.

Some of the pages on v23 are not opening so I cannot view them all. Page 8 (second row all the way to the right) has a GT but that one is not opening for me.

If anyone has a fully working v23 post a link to it here.

aroomstudios said:
Checkout LS135 I would say it is this one but not orange drop caps.

No CTS pots or switch craft switch either. I don't think it can be a 135, the electronics are standard for a vintage series, not premium.

The UK model specs don't always follow the non export ones but Paladin2019 would know the best, I'm guessing its just a well joined back. Looks like there's some Bareknuckle pups modded into her.

Have had a good look a the base again and the grain is continuous all the way round with no joints and yes it has bare knuckle pickups.

Still can't see a join, have posted some more pics above.

Does anyone have any idea what it's worth ?

Small mark on the base and lacquer scratch next to it (would polish out).

Very small mark on top can only see it in certain light.

Hardly been used so no wear anywhere.

Left-handed.

Bare knuckle pickups.

Original Tokai case (in good condition).

Any ideas thanks Nigel.

Well i don't see a join either. I seem to remember another guy from the UK with a guitar that had conflicting specs. Not being from the UK myself i have no idea what the market is like there so no idea on price. What do Gibson's run used over there ?? I'd use that as a price line myself.

nigelbiss said:
Still can't see a join, have posted some more pics above.

Does anyone have any idea what it's worth ?

Small mark on the base and lacquer scratch next to it (would polish out).

Very small mark on top can only see it in certain light.

Hardly been used so no wear anywhere.

Left-handed.

Bare knuckle pickups.

Original Tokai case (in good condition).

Any ideas thanks Nigel.

It's difficult to value because there are so few lefty models around. It's going to be worth less than an equivalent righty but you probably already knew that. :(

Was there any writing in the neck pickup cavity? It does look to be a 1-piece back but the unbound fret ends and mid-range electronics point to a standard MIJ model. Where did you buy it from? Was it new? Was it a special order?

Do you know what models the pickups are? Aftermarket pickups don't generally add much value, especially if you can't identify them. Even if you could, you'd get more money back by putting the originals back in and selling the BK's separately.

I think you would be looking at about £1000-£1500 for a standard Gibson LP.

Anyone have any idea what model it it is ?

i am presuming by the serial Number it's a 2007

Possibly a one piece body with vintage electrics

Thanks Nigel.

Latest posts

Back