SEB construction "Sound Effect Body"

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aroomstudios

Reaction score
I guess this is a newer thing. Not sure if it is 2018 new or in the past few years. I picked up this flyer from NAMM 2018 a few weks ago. Do any of you guys have experience with this? Is it good does it do anything?

2ql731u.jpg

2191gsh.jpg

aroomstudios said:
I guess this is a newer thing. Not sure if it is 2018 new or in the past few years. I picked up this flyer from NAMM 2018 a few weks ago.

I have read here that Tokai started SEB structure in 2005.

Have any of you guys used it though? I am probably going to buy two brand new Tokais with it. The top end guitars all have it and I want the other top end features. I do not think it is going to hurt I was just wondering if anyone has experience with it.

I have a bunch of Tokais but they are all from the 70's and 80's. So, well before this was around.

I've always been interested in them, but Tokai's are not sold in my country so they are sparse. I've heard they add a considerable amount of weight to the guitar's average, but have no idea if its true.

Congrats !! Those look awesome. I have a 2012 Tokai Goldstar Sound AST-70. No SEB, not higher end, modern specs. They don't just "phone it in" even on the lower models. I expect yours will be magnificent.

2012 Tokai Goldstar Sound AST-70

2utkwwg.jpg

This is where I got them.

https://drowninginguitars.com/store/new-tokai-guitars/

I meet this guy at the Namm show last month at the Tokai booth. He sells Tokais in the US. Some of them say sales to Canada and USA. So, maybe hit him up if you need anything in the future. Not sure if some or all of them ship to Canada.

Yeah, that's me who's selling the Tokai guitars here and in Canada. I don't post here that often because i don't want to use the forum for sales. But I've always been a huge fan of Tokai guitars and really like the family who owns the company.

Back