Lc-100 vs Lc-60

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjs

Reaction score
Hey all you Tokai experts. I'm looking for some knowledge about Tokai custom models, can you tell me what the difference between an LC60 and an LC100 ??
Perhaps how rare there are, think about whether they are available
Thanks

LC-100 has ebony board, MOP inlays, nitro finish, 1-pc top and 1-pc back
LC-60 has rosewood board, plastic inlays, poly finish and 2-pc top and 2-pc back

In around 1979-1982 I believe the LC-60s had a volute and a 14 degree headstock compared to the 17 degree headstock for the LC-100.

Many thanks for the info. Looks like the LC-100 has everything I dream about. How hard should I expect it to be found. and what will an approximate price be?
thanks

Is the price so high because they are rare ??
so unfortunately it's not an LC-100 I'm looking for. I'm not looking for a collector guitar, to hang on the wall or lie under the bed. but a workhorse that goes out to work, therefore for me, it didn't matter what cosmetic condition it is in, but will like the spec one the LC-100 has

In 8 years of following MIJs I have seen maybe 4 or 5 LC100s, not very common at all. Owned one of them, sold it on. It was an ok guitar but original pickups are bad.

Mono said:
but original pickups are bad.

As 90% of pickups made in japan (Tokai MK2, Bacchus p90 and hb). I really don't understand why this brand don't use a Seymour Duncan pickups or stuff like this like Edwards or Navigator guitars.

Mono said:
In 8 years of following MIJs I have seen maybe 4 or 5 LC100s, not very common at all. Owned one of them, sold it on. It was an ok guitar but original pickups are bad.

That one was also in a bit of a rough condition, if i remember right?
I agree the pickups are not the best, mine are very high output..
I swapped mine with ox4's and couldnt be happier.

Probably my easiest to play guitar..very smooth, despite an ugly neck break.

They are super hard to find... fortunately I have (2) 1979 LC-100’s. One is red wine (Thanks Wulf) and the other an Ebony. Very light guitars!

sjs said:
Many thanks for the info. Looks like the LC-100 has everything I dream about. How hard should I expect it to be found. and what will an approximate price be?
thanks

Prices are actually fluctuating hard. Whatever, the "right prices" are generally in between 1'300 to 2'000 euros. It stays a steal in regard to the price of a Gibson Custom with ebony fretboard, that will list at more than 2'800 to 3'500 bucks.

The reason for that is the quality of the instrument. Quality Les Pauls are demanded pieces of equipment and Tokai "has a name". In general, no good Les Paul will come for free, but good Tokai's are reknowned and will not drop significally in their price.

Latest posts

Back